• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1st purchase through GL, what should I expect?

Thanatos123rd

I finally decided to go through GL (eventually) and get a Deuce. I keep seeing the EUC banner for all of the Deuces. If I end up winning the auction, do I have to pick the deuce up from another location instead of the won that I previewed the deuce at? I'm trying to budget as much as I can and look at the pros/cons. At first I thought that I could just bid, win, submit paperwork, drive deuce from the location I previewed it at, and then be done with the mess. From what I'm seeing, there is a much longer process involved and I may not get to drive my deuce home until months later.

I apologize if I come across as a novice to this whole GL process, but this is going to be my first purchase. Thank you for your patience and I hope to see some hopeful feedback.

-Tom

wsucougarx

Well, typically you pickup your item from where you previewed it. Not always the case but mostly. The current long wait is due to many factors relating to recent Demil codes and demil certificate requirements on some EUC required items. If you are new then you can expect months. Actually, even if you are a repeat EUC'er the wait has been months as well. The best thing to expect is having no expectations in this entire process. Expectations will only cause anxiety, grief, anger, temper tantrums, etc:-D. If you have patience and come to realize the gov't is in control then you'll have no problem. It's amazing how the grief of a long wait is vanished as soon as you pick up your newly acquired MV.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It may speed up the clearance of your Deuce EUC if you can find something small (and cheap) close to you that requires an EUC to bid on and win. That way, you are in the system, and when the current mess gets cleaned up, it will go faster. My best time was a week from winning to pickup (won Thursday, EUC to GL Friday am, Brandi handled the sale at GL, EUC to BC Friday pm, approval on Tuesday, pick up on Thursday). Will probably never be repeated.

Thanatos123rd

Good ol' clearances... I had to wait about a year for one of my security clearances when I enlisted. I guess I need to bring back the patience and possibly pick up a maintenance book on the M35A2 while I wait. Any suggestions on a site to go to for basic care and perhaps some mechanical manuals of the Deuce?

namedpipes

It may speed up the clearance of your Deuce EUC if you can find something small (and cheap) close to you that requires an EUC to bid on and win. That way, you are in the system, and when the current mess gets cleaned up, it will go faster. My best time was a week from winning to pickup (won Thursday, EUC to GL Friday am, Brandi handled the sale at GL, EUC to BC Friday pm, approval on Tuesday, pick up on Thursday). Will probably never be repeated.
I'll second this and point out that while you wait for the EUC, your vehicle sits in a lot vulnerable to scavengers (depending on the lot) and sometimes parts "go missing". Get the (usually) longer wait for the first EUC out the way with a less expensive item, like a trailer to tow behind the Deuce.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good ol' clearances... I had to wait about a year for one of my security clearances when I enlisted. I guess I need to bring back the patience and possibly pick up a maintenance book on the M35A2 while I wait. Any suggestions on a site to go to for basic care and perhaps some mechanical manuals of the Deuce?

Yup, Steel Soldiers.com. It's all right here!

namedpipes

Doghead - not sure if you saw my thank you in my pickup thread - the RV thing worked out, but *thank* you for the offer to help 'just in case'!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am figuring on 90 days. EUC just went in today, so I hope by the 1st of November, I can retreve my prize

Clay James

I won a deuce Thursday, submitted EUC Friday, it's Monday and it still says submission of EUC pending. Seems like they are very behind.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a deuce Thursday, submitted EUC Friday, it's Monday and it still says submission of EUC pending. Seems like they are very behind.
If the site still says "EUC pending" after a few more days, it's a good Idea to call them and make sure they got it. They've lost more than one EUC from me.

ctmustang

I am figuring on 90 days. EUC just went in today, so I hope by the 1st of November, I can retreve my prize

Good luck on the 90 days. I am at 119 business days and still waiting. And this is not my first. I spoke with GL today and was told I could get a full refund if I wanted. Also was given the # to battle creek. I called and spoke with a nice lady who is sending my file to her research dept. to get looked into. I don't expect anything from this to help. I sent an e-mail to gl later requesting a refund. I guess I'll see how that goes. I really didn't need deuce # 4 at the farm anyways. I'll try again after alll the turmoil is over at GL or whatever.
CT

Kohburn

If the site still says "EUC pending" after a few more days, it's a good Idea to call them and make sure they got it. They've lost more than one EUC from me.

yep - they lost my 1st one twice. I'm glad SS members told me to keep on top of it or they might cancel it on me for failure to submit the paperwork.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks