• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 1/2 ton & 5 ton trail ride-Weare Rally weekend

Vintage iron

I went to the Weare NH rally last year with my family and had a great time. Lots of great people and a really cool location. While we were there My family and I took in a trail ride in my M813. It was fun to get the 5 ton out in it natural environment. For obvious reasons the club that hosts the show only sponsors trail rides on Category 5 roads. The rides are fun, but I am trying to organize a trail ride just for 2 1/2 ton and 5 ton trucks. Our trucks are bigger have a easier time with some obstacles and other will be more challenging. I think I can get 6 trucks together for a ride. Is anyone else interested. How tough of a ride would you want to go on.

Vintage iron

I am talking with one of my friends that knows the trails in the area. We are going to have to scout out some trails before the Rally. I have two friends from Conn. that say they are interested, me and another from Ma. so far. This will just be 2 1/2 ton & 5 ton trucks, but other big trucks are welcome.

RangerBob

I'd be up for it, but not sure how well the NDTs will do on a 'more challenging' trail. Maybe someone going to the rally will be able to hook me up with some super-singles or something. :whistle:

Vintage iron

I hope to have my 1600's on by then. Because we are all driving our truck, I don't think the trails will be to challenging. I just know last year obstacles that Jeeps and CUVEE had to maneuver over carefully, were just a bumps in the road for my 5 ton with NDT's.

I think I'm going to make it this year, I would love to join the trail ride Matt! I'm probably going to bring the MEP-002A and M116A2 trailer and I might have the M66 installed too. Anyone in NH interested in organizing a convoy to/from the rally?

Vintage iron

I spoke to my friend, he is going to lead us on the ride and take video. Friday afternoon is looking like the day to go. This ride is not though the club so ask for Matt Handley. I will be in H7 camp site.

Vintage iron

OK, here is the scoop. First of all this ride is not being put on by the club. the club will have their own trail rides. so please read below.

1. ask for Matt Handley or find me at H7 camp spot. I will also put my Vintage Iron Farm door placards on my M923.
2. The 5 ton and Deuce and a half rides will be gathering at 1:30 on Friday and Saturday afternoons.
3. the convoy leaves at 2:00 sharp!
4. we will be back in plenty of time for dinners put on by the Club.
5. I will be taking pictures and video from my M923.
6. this is just for 5 ton trucks and 2 1/2 ton trucks.
7. this will NOT be an extreme mud run or a rock crawling session. we just want to take our truck down some old category 5 roads. yes, your truck will get muddy and hit with lots of branches, but not stuck.
8. again ask for Matt Handley or call 617-650-2108 thanks guys. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Asgar

....and a good time was had by all.... Friday was light rain but Saturday and Sunday were perfect. I took my M1008 on Friday's trail ride in the rain and mud. Saturday my kids and I got a ride in a duce and took pictures from the bed. If you have not experienced the MVMVC Weare rally you are really missing out on a nice family friendly weekend.

It was great to meet you Matt.

(Note: pics did not take to this note so I posted them in the two replies below)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks