• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 1/2 ton to plow with.

junkyardog

i have been looking for a 5 ton to make a plow truck with. im seeing a lot more duece's than 5 tons. is there a air assisted power stearing or something else to put on them. and could the duece handle a 11 foot plow. im thinking parts might be better to come by.could it handle it. thanks for any help i would love to get a 8 series truck with a cummins

CCATLETT1984

the military make a air assist kit. But you can use a 5ton PS pump and a different steering box to do it.

The front axle of a multifuel deuce is already close to being overloaded according to spec, I think an 11ft straight blade would be fine though, a wing plow on the other hand would weigh too much i figure. You will want an airshift transfer case for sure, so you can lock it in and out when needed. I'd try for a USMC truck as they had lockers in them.

BEASTMASTER

hey man, there was a guy in R. I. had a 62 M 51 dump w/w in the want-ad for $ 1800 with a plow setup ,no plow. i went to look at it last year and it was in rough shape,but good for off road plowing. had 10 new tires too. you can pick up a big plow for around$ 500- $1000 at the end of a big storm the town always give me a list of streets and tell me go push the banks back.3 to 4 feet no problem. :driver: