• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 1/2 ton to plow with.

junkyardog

i have been looking for a 5 ton to make a plow truck with. im seeing a lot more duece's than 5 tons. is there a air assisted power stearing or something else to put on them. and could the duece handle a 11 foot plow. im thinking parts might be better to come by.could it handle it. thanks for any help i would love to get a 8 series truck with a cummins

CCATLETT1984

the military make a air assist kit. But you can use a 5ton PS pump and a different steering box to do it.

The front axle of a multifuel deuce is already close to being overloaded according to spec, I think an 11ft straight blade would be fine though, a wing plow on the other hand would weigh too much i figure. You will want an airshift transfer case for sure, so you can lock it in and out when needed. I'd try for a USMC truck as they had lockers in them.

BEASTMASTER

hey man, there was a guy in R. I. had a 62 M 51 dump w/w in the want-ad for $ 1800 with a plow setup ,no plow. i went to look at it last year and it was in rough shape,but good for off road plowing. had 10 new tires too. you can pick up a big plow for around$ 500- $1000 at the end of a big storm the town always give me a list of streets and tell me go push the banks back.3 to 4 feet no problem. :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks