• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2.5 fuel system, no inj. pressure

feldmarshal

1970 kaiser M35A2. I'm having fuel problems. I don;t have any pressure or fuel at inj. I have pressure at the inj. pump and bleeder at secondary filters. At one point I had a trickle at the inj. Are there any problems with the inj. pump? Any internal repairs? Also the two lines at the secondary filter with the same fittings I have hooked up as follows, The line at the IN port on filter goes to the bottom of inj. pump sort-of opposite the line from the primary filter. The other from the front top of inj. pump, above the inj. return line T , to a T on the secondary filter with a line going back to the tank. Is this correct? thanks to all for any help with this. All filters replaced and pump R&R to replace hose.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
SOunds like the fuel shut off rod might be stuck. Pull the cover off (the one with 2 screws the rod goes into) and see if it moves freely. It should be able to move with finger pressure and snap back toward the front of the truck when you let go. If thats not it, might need to pull the plug in the center of the IP head and see if the plunger goes up and down while cranking. Put something soft in there to check like a wooden dowel.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The shut off cable goes into the pump under a cover at the LH rear side. Take the two screws out of the cover, stick you finger in there and make sure the shut off isn't stuck in the pulled out position. If you push it forward and it moves, it was stuck. See if that helps. As for the fuel line plumbing, I'd have to go look at mine. It's dark and i'm scared of the dark :roll:!! I'll look tomorrow. Hope it is just stuck in the zero delivery position. I love easy fixes.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
put a presssure gauge on the bleeder for filters. you should have 3-5 psi from tank pump and almost 20 psi at cranking speed. without this the ip head will not work. also a worn out ip head will not inject at cranking speed but may work above 900 - 1000 rpm. with a worn head you will get fuel to injectors when you loosen lines to bleed air, but when lines are tightened, injectors will not trip.