• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2.5 Locking hubs group buy

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just curious, if each of you would like to share - are those of you that are ordering more than 1 set doing so for multiple deuces or are you also locking out the forward tandem axle?
In order to put one on a rear axale, EITHER rear axle, you'll have to modify the axle shaft.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In order to put one on a rear axale, EITHER rear axle, you'll have to modify the axle shaft.
Thanks for confirming this. That's my understanding too - one would need a whole new double spline axle shaft (splines on both ends because the stock axle shaft is part of the hub), like Ouverson's sells:

http://www.ouversonusa.com/rockwell_16spline.php

And as long as you haven't added a differential locker, you'd only need to put a lockout hub on one side.

Surely more deuce owners would like to sign up for this deal! You have a few weeks to keep saving. ;)

Last edited:

OHHHDEN

Put me down for 1 set also. What do you guys feel about the yukon drop in noslip lockers. I need to buy one soon after the lockouts. I doubt i will need a full detroit carrier. My truck is a bobbed 71 Kaiser Jeep with 53s. I only need the locker when I am in deep snow, dragging trees out of the woods, or just goofin in a local mud hole.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You will make 21. I will reach back out to the vendor to see if $XXX is still the "bottom".

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Going to run this for two more weeks for commitments, then start collecting on the 1st. Payments due by the 7th. Order will be placed on the 8th.

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wondering if we can get detailed spec. with pictures. I now have Warn Locking Hubs and have internal metal galling problems that make it very hard to turn on and off. The threaded part is a casting that seems to be made of pot metal or at best cast aluminum.

Thank for your help.

Last edited:

Hainebd

As with any hub, you have to do maintenance on them. I found that coating the moving parts with copper never seize every 10,000 miles keeps things from binding up. I have had hubs explode from the torque. But maintenance will keep them working.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok folks, let's start getting this underway. I plan on placing the order Friday after next on the 8th. Please start sending in payments to this address:

You'll see that's the same address that payments are sent to upgrade memberships here on the site. (I just take the checks, update the membership, then pass them along to Chris) I'd like to handle the process the same way here. The easiest way to go about all this would be to send a USPS money order to my address, but have it payable to C&C. I will pass it along to them in a single bundle. Please include your shipping address as well.

I've created the following spreadsheet to track everything.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11kHDNM1hRcldjHUo7KRgTI25Ck1Tam2v9dZMIzkHw7g/edit?usp=sharing

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks