• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2.5 ton wrecker?

ODdave

Did they ever make a m35 wrecker? Has anyone done this? Is there a civy donar that i should look for? i like the 5 tons but they are just too big. I would be very interested in info

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Technically, the M60 is the deuce wrecker, with rear winch. M108 is considered a crane. Both use the same boom.

M108's are somewhat rare, and M60's are hard as heck to find.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You won't find it either unless you drive over to Hawthorne tractor. I bought my M108 from Hawthorne. Disregard Westy's comments, he's jealous because he has to lift his junk with a hi-lift jack where-as Stretch and I use our deuce cranes. My M108 is well used here at my AO. I'd do a search for M108 and you will find more reading than you can do in a week on them. The one John Tennis has for sale is a prime example of a rare and useful truck. Wouldn't sell my for 6 grand unless I found an M60 to replace it with.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You won't find it either unless you drive over to Hawthorne tractor. I bought my M108 from Hawthorne. Disregard Westy's comments, he's jealous because he has to lift his junk with a hi-lift jack where-as Stretch and I use our deuce cranes. My M108 is well used here at my AO. I'd do a search for M108 and you will find more reading than you can do in a week on them. The one John Tennis has for sale is a prime example of a rare and useful truck. Wouldn't sell my for 6 grand unless I found an M60 to replace it with.
I would love to have the one John is selling. Right price, wrong coast.............................

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to have the one John is selling. Right price, wrong coast.............................
It's a multifuel! Set up fueling stations across this great land fed with UMO by members. Take 10 days off, fly out and drive it back! If my family could spare me for 10 days, I'd drive it out!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the 108 was built for bomb loading, on the side it was used as a wrecker for light work, in military wisdom, thay thought if the 108 is being used as a wrecker, we will build a REAL wrecker hences the M60, a very heavy deuce with NO power steering, in no time thay found that it was ONLY good for very light lift towing, and to light for most recoveries. didnt stay in production long, dont beleive (could be wrong) there were any multis built, if there were thay were repowered

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was one on ebay that ended a couple of days ago. It didn't sell for $2495. I think it was in MD, maybe it was NC. Anyway it was incorrectly listed as a M33. I think I have the contact info back at the hotel. It will probably re-appear on ebay I would guess.

Makincold

I LOVE this website...
So I'm waiting on my M818 EUC to clear... And explain to my girlfriend at breakfast this morning that if I get it stuck that only an M816 wrecker can get me unstuck so I am looking on GlL for one (she still wonders why of course...)
So anyway while looking on GL for M816's I says to myself... Self... I wonder if they made a 2 1/2 ton wrecker... And lo and behold here it is... Asked and answered...

Did I mention I love this web site and all the knowledge contained here!
Thanks to all :mrgreen:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What you really need is a 819. It will recover your 818 and tow a semi trailer too. Your Makincold cooler would look good on the back!

There is one here in New Mexico about 40 miles from me. Its still powered by the gas engine. Its painted white with a blue hard top if I remeber correctly I haven't
seen it up close but it looks kinda rough. The owner wants 8500.00 for it, last time I talked to him anyway. He says everything works, But ????? That's abit to much for the truck considering it needs full restoration, and if it were me I'd upgrade to
the multifuel turbo set up. Also considering what some of the m816 5 ton wreckers are bringing now, it would be cheaper to go that route (I think). I would really like to see someone get there hands on it and restore this rare truck! Next time I go that way I'll try to get some pics!