• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2.73 rear end ratio no kidding

Keith_J

The Taiwan click-types are great. I've calibrated 5, they were within 2 percent which could be operator error.

$24 at Auto Zone. Fun stops over 500 inch pounds.

panzerwillie

Yes i did 3.73 on the our M1010 which is like your M1008, 3.27- 4.10 you have to use 3 series carrier and 4.56 and up will use what come stock on the M1008 series and is a 30 spline count you also need the ring gear bolts there about 1/2 shorter for 4.10 and down , as far as the front Dana 60 is 35 spline axle and also need the 300 series hope this help, a quick note on the pinion preload yes is good if you have a torque wrench to check pinion preload but i guess with my experience on doing rear ends i have a good feel to do it by hand however i always use new crush esleve or hammer the old one back to shape and re use it hope this helps:-(

panzerwillie

If the ratios are close like 2.73 to 3.08 3.27 to 3.42 and you are not in dry payment and not running at full speed you will be fine the widers ratio i ever ran was 4.10 to 4.56 for a few years in mud and sand however it was on chain driven tranfercase i think a pinion type may not have enought slack to do this2cents

BaconFarms

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it done. Couldn't find a inch pound torque wrench up town, went to the neighbors, he had two and gave me one. S-K. Can't beat that.

Now I see both my tail pipes are broken off at the hanger and there is a hole in one of the mufflers. That will be next.

BaconFarms