• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 ball or 3 ? What's your preference?

Mario

So I asked a question a few weeks ago about check balls in the valve body on 1991 M936A2.
While taking mine apart, 2 balls fell out. Stupid rookie mistake.
I asked about locations and was provided SM for MT654 that clearly showed 3 locations.
I didn't think I could have lost one of the balls, but they are small and whatever.
So I ordered one from Allison. $25 later, I had 3rd one in my hand.
I installed it and I'm just waiting to reinstall a pan, when Chris, who also had to drop his, carefully took VB apart to reveal only 2 balls!
So now I don't know if I should remove the 3rd (new) ball I just got, or leave it and see what it does?
BTW, I'm a noob, and this is my first exposure to M939 trucks, so it's not like I can draw on experience to see what this tranny is going to do if I leave the 3rd ball in? I just got the truck and it didn't drive when I dragged it home.
Didn't know if Allison or Army removed 3rd ball because of PTO demands of the wrecker truck, or ...
P.S. The included video is from a few weeks ago before I had the pics from SM or Chris. https://photos.app.goo.gl/9Djjxj38kdkVQQAy5

1623618540588.png1623618509317.png