• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 Battery wiring on 818

ca1517

Just bought a 818. No batteries. I know it is here somewhere, but I can't seem to find the correct wiring for running just 2 batts. Don't want any surprises. Any help is appreciated.

pyrogod117

Well, if it's just making a 24v system, it should go like this:

Batt #1 negative connects to Batt #2 positive. Batt #2 negative connects to the main power cable for the truck, and the return ground should connect to positive on batt #1.

I'd still look it up, but that should be it. Like most of the other trucks.

pcblakeley

Here is a pic of mine! Your battery box probably looks different. You will notice 2 extra wires leading to the back of the cab, they are for when you run yours down and your buddy with a 5 ton or Deuce jumps you. You will see the junction box on the aft starboard corner of your truck....if it is the same as mine....good luck

Attachments

Jared

Make sure that the extra small wire in the area is connected across one battery only so it's getting 12V and not 24V. If you connect it across both batteries (24V) you'll be asking where you can buy a replacement glow plug.

pcblakeley

the jump wires are not hooked up on my truck, and it works fine. The zombies took the battery box so I am not in a hurry to to get those hooked up....

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the jump wires are not hooked up on my truck, and it works fine. The zombies took the battery box so I am not in a hurry to to get those hooked up....
the zombies may go after that fancy "bungie cord" hold down setup next.

Stan

Batt #1 negative connects to Batt #2 positive. Batt #2 negative connects to the main power cable for the truck, and the return ground should connect to positive on batt #1.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the last two connections above reverised?
Batt #2 neg. to truck neg. Batt #1 pos. to truck pos.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, your correct Stan. His description is incorrect. Just draw it out and you'll see.

steelandcanvas

Huh? :confused: