• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 in 1 Recovery M38A1's

amgeneral72

Recovered 2 more 1952 M38A1's today that I ran across a while back. One runs and one had the engine in the back. White Jeep is ser.#2866 Might take them up to Jeep Fest in Jasper Ga or maybe Ill keep them. I really don't know. I mean how many Jeeps does one person really need? This makes 5 now I think.

SUNP0470.jpgSUNP0468.jpgSUNP0466.jpgSUNP0467.jpg

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeeps are like Pringles. You can't just have one!

Great save, even if you sell them it always gives a good feeling to find them a caring home with someone.

amgeneral72

Like you said. Id rather someone do something with them than they rot away. But I am keeping one thing. The gold Jeep had an aluminum hard top with all 3 doors and intact glass. Thats definitely going on my Civil Defense Jeep

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had many dreams of ruining a perfectly good M38A1. Would love to refit one with the 283 and 24V distributer from an M114. Add a Muncie SM420 and a Warn all range OD and just cruise it on Sundays. It would be my M38A2.

ducer

You can never have enough Jeeps! Up north here we can't even find them unless they are rusted to dust and you are willing to pay a arm and 2 leggs. Keep them then if you ever need another one you have it!

Denny

Whiterabbit

Nice score! Those look like they're in good shape but mildly bubba'd.
I had to give up trying to get an M170 that sits near a cow field rotting away. I get the "We might fix it up one day" line and "dad used to drive us around in it years ago so we're not getting rid of it for sentimental reasons". So they're watching it rot away. Sad.

amgeneral72

I love those type stories but hate them at the same time. I mean what do you say to someone when they say something that. Well when it rots away are you still gonna remember dad taking you for a ride? How about I fix it and then we can all go for a ride again. I understand the sentimental feelings that go along with stuff but I just hate when people let stuff go to waste.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovered 2 more 1952 M38A1's today that I ran across a while back. One runs and one had the engine in the back. White Jeep is ser.#2866 Might take them up to Jeep Fest in Jasper Ga or maybe Ill keep them. I really don't know. I mean how many Jeeps does one person really need? This makes 5 now I think.
See, this is why I'm moving to GA. Field or barn finds around here usually consist of a Toyota Cressida or mid 80's Caprice. Although, I did find the CD 62 GMC panel in a car port in Pompano Beach.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you fill in the pool and pour another slab there you could put in a two post lift and park three or more jeeps there.
Every serious jeeper needs a good two post lift.
Or, you can empty the pool, put a drive on lift in the pool and lower a jeep inside. Subterranean parking!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I really like the M38A1-I think it's the best military Jeep there is-bar none. It's fast, comfortable and reasonably priced. Parts are common as well.

Would really like to have another. Should never have sold our first one. aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks