• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 m105 a2

Rthomas

Do you think i could put 2 m105a2 on a trailer thats 80in between fenders and 20 ft long. I think it will fit but not sure. I know that the overall width is 83inon the m105

blybrook

I put one M105A2 on my 20' car hauler back in February. My hauler is 80" between fenders, 20' deck and the M105 tires were 76" outside to outside, so it was close when I went to roll it off. If you are going to load and unload with a forklift, they should fit without a problem as you can arrange them to avoid your fenders.

Another thing I did as a precaution, is to bring a section of 10" channel steel (7'6" long) to increase the width of the trailer if necessary due to the wide variations of tracking width on the M105's. Even with the parking brakes engaged, it was able to hop right out of the 10" channel, so I would recommend 14" as a minimum or utilizing the 10" with some welded plates to hold the tires better.

HTH

Bill

Rthomas

Do I have to pull both out at the same time. I can put one in a parkiking lot, take one home then come back and get it.

blybrook

Do I have to pull both out at the same time. I can put one in a parkiking lot, take one home then come back and get it.

That is something you will have to coordinate with the GL site in question. I recently picked up 3 trailers by making several trips back and forth. They were willing to work with me on doing it. I setup a staging yard at a friends house about 5 miles away from the GL site. That made the trips quick & I could take my time getting them from his place back to mine 20 miles out.

HTH

Bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks