• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 M37s For Sale In South Florida

Dodge man

Anybody know what became of these M-37s? I replied to the ad but never got an answer and a couple of days later it disappeared. There are (were?) several M37s on CL in central Fl but they're all rusted out junk and the sellers are convinced they're worth every penny of $5,000.

gonorth

I did a nation wide search on Craigslist and saw these posted in other parts of the country. Usually a sure sign that the deal was a scam. If they replied they would have wanted you to send money via an ebay link that they give you. Then they will ship the truck(s) to you for your approval and ebay will give your money back if you don't like them. Problem is that the link won't really be ebay and you will never see your money or your trucks. Only way to fight these scams is to say that you want a friend in the town where they are to inspect them and pay cash on the spot. Then they either won't reply or they say they are already at the shipper and cannot be accessed.

Is this the ad you saw? It is in the Columbus area.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1694229103.html

1 Dodge M-37 military powerwagon, Canadian version with arctic hard top and original 251 flathead 6 cyl that runs but smokes and starts hard.. This truck was licensed and insured and driven on the road until last fall. It will need brakes bled and batteries. Clear title included for this truck

1 Dodge M37 US powerwagon with original 230 flathead 6 cyl. it has home made hard top, motor stuck, sitting outside for 3 years. no title. the bed of this truck is filled with take off parts from a 3rd truck. No winches , still has original military markings on the truck.

2900 for it all.

Last edited:

Dodge man

No, that's not the same ad or description and the other ad had no pictures. Don't worry I'm too old and skeptical to fall for the tricks like you describe. :-? My neighbor (Columbian) sold a couple of real POS jeeps on E-bay so I would NEVER buy or pay for a vehicle without looking at it CLOSELY first! My neighbor had a couple of people so mad that I fully expected them to come looking for him with guns! He quickly moved out of the area!

gonorth

Great, watch your back with anything not local or even if it is local. I was in FL in January and bought a skid steer, trailer, and attachments. I got good legit deals but there sure were a lot of scams posted for skid steers. Mostly in FL and TX. My brother in law and I had some fun stringing some of the scamers along. They give up quick enough. Another good piece of detective work is to google their email address or phone number.

Dodge man

I've seen a lot of scams by people that were local and you could look at their vehicles! I can't even imagine anyone would ever consider buying a vehicle over the internet without seeing it and thoroughly checking it out first. And the E-Greed sellers want you to send them a significant amount of money WITHIN 24 - 48 hours! Not a chance! I did buy my M37 through CL but I drove 5+ hours each way to check it out. Even then I missed a couple of things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks