• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 MAN soft top install... Looking for help or drawings/instructions...

spankybear

I am installing a soft top on my M1151 and have a question. I see there are location holes for the weather seal the thumb turn things fasteners on the windshield frame. I don't see location holes for the side rails to install the rivnut. Also I have a NOS B pillar and don't see a location hole for the well nut. Is there any drawings or instructions to locate these holes? I don't want to screw this up.

Thanks in advance

williamh

Windshield thumb things ? On top of the windshield there is a PILLAR FORMER 12340031

The sides over the doors there’s rails with twits or common sense fasteners. On the b pilled the same fasteners are on the rear of the pillar for the top and rear curtain. Don’t forget the center support.

no my listing but all the parts to install a top minus the B pillar

spankybear

I have all the hardware and fastener for the top install. I am looking on where to drill the windshield frame and B pillar to install the rivnut tings. The B pillar is new with no holes. The windshield frame has holes for the location of the twist fasteners but no hole for the rivnut. Item b location where item a mounts in this the TM screen snip. I have everything but the location where to drill. I don't want to screw this up.

rivnut.JPG

Attachments

williamh

I see. You’re missing the nut inserts in the A and B pillars to mount the top of the door frame. Pictures are worth a thousand words. I wish I was close to the funvee I would get you the correct size of nutserts.

spankybear

Nice truck!
What’s your plan for the bed?
I am going to use a spray in bed liner. The bed somewhat rough and I think the liner will make it look better. The stuff I got is suppose to be the correct green, I'll post pictures when I get that done

I also have the troop seats I will be installing back on... or at least the sides. I need to paint them up and do some repairs on the slats.