• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 MEP803a with issues.....Overload with 8kw load on one and Bogging down on the other.

TheAlfredo

I recently purchased 2 803a from a guy in Anderson, SC. Today I got around to load testing them. Both have different issues.

Generator #1 runs fine. But you put a 6.66 load and the "Percent Capacity" meter gets pegged all the way up. Voltage and Amps are correct. runs fine. But when I add over 8kw of load, it trips the circuit interrupter and lights up overload.

Generator #2 bogs down if I add over 7.5kw on the load bank. As if it isn't getting enough fuel.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For #1 I'd suggest measuring the AC voltage across each of the Burden Resistors R10, R11 & R12.
Normally the voltage across each will vary from 0 VAC at 0% Load to 5.6 VAC at 100% Load.
At 133% Load the AC voltage across them would be 7.5 VAC.

By checking each of the voltages you'll narrow down where the false overload is coming from.

TheAlfredo

For #1 I'd suggest measuring the AC voltage across each of the Burden Resistors R10, R11 & R12.
Normally the voltage across each will vary from 0 VAC at 0% Load to 5.6 VAC at 100% Load.
At 133% Load the AC voltage across them would be 7.5 VAC.

By checking each of the voltages you'll narrow down where the false overload is coming from.
wish i wasn't going out of town for a several weeks tomorrow. I hate leaving a project half completed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks