• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 more come home

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just picked up 2 M-1008 cdn , one winch truck , one comms truck , both ex UN Mission trucks, most likely Somalia or Bosnia, both are not happy trucks , the bubba truck (lift kit) will most likely be parted out , I do not think I will find anything good inside the axles, started tearing out all the interior extras today and will keep going until I'm left with the OE stuff, looks like someone went push button also the column has been changed to a tilt, the other truck the guy did not know that 1 key fits all, so he used a loader to move the truck around, that truck is still OE and I still need to pull the mats to see how much rust is there,100_4229.jpg100_4230.jpg100_4231.jpg100_4232.jpg100_4233.jpg100_4234.jpg100_4235.jpg100_4236.jpg100_4237.jpg100_4238.jpg100_4239.jpgonly 38 Canadian CUCV's were equipped with the winch kit,

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Winch truck? Sounds interesting. Too bad that truck is getting parted out. Especially since it is 1 of 38 made, but it seems like it is to far gone.

Last edited:

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
today was a good day , after 2 days work on and off the bubba truck barked back to life today , I don't think this truck has run in 5-6 years , removed all the extras and repaired or replaced some electrical items , 2 new batteries and started cranking , plugged the block heater in first thing to fool the glow system and hooked the M-1031 in for some extra juice , had to bleed the whole system, wasn't sure for a while that the IP was ok then the fuel started to flow , then it started to bark and bang (good bangs), it will need a little work on the idle, next is oil change and all the filters, the battery trays look like they want to fall through the inner fender, nice clean running engine , no smoke , then on to the other one,

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes only 38, it appears that the front bumper may be a Warn product , the center part is for sure , it has the Warn "W" stamped into it , they also placed a decal hidden under the driver's sun visor , a little bit of advertising, the winch was a model 8074 and 8274, I remember seeing 2 of these trucks at CFB Toronto in the compound in the late 80's or early 90's , for my money if I was going to go to a military electrical winch I would go with the Sepson from the BV-206, locks into a round socket and plugs into the Nato single pin slave socket , has a controller that plugs into the winch, with this set up you can move from front to back as long as the socket is there,

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just for info the brush guard on this truck has been modified to bolt to the top of the bumper and in fact the entire assembly is a Warn product, went out this morning to see if the glow system works and it does , wait light went out and truck started no problem , oil change and filters and truck has been running at idle for about 3 hours now, the push button is wired to a right side fuel tank so it will stay put with a do not touch on it, the other truck is next.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks