• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 new trucks looking to sell one in the pacific northwest

usmc deuce cpl

I won a truck at redstone on the 29th. I am looking to see if i can win another one and bring it back and sell to cover shipping costs. Throwing this out there. Not looking to make money off this, I want to sell at a reasonable price and help someone out with a truck in the area. Checking for interest here. thanks

BMCUSNAVY

What is your offer? I already have a 72 deuce & working on a 83..... Yes, the wife is about to kill me... lol lol lol. I'm in Oak Harbor (Whidbey Island). Feel free to call me at 360-320-1313.
Thanks,

Wayne

usmc deuce cpl

Well i was looking to drive mine home if in good shape, gives a whole new meaning to Deuce but. I am however am rethinking this. May still. Idrive truck locally in the seattle area. I talked to the boss today and he said that i could use the truck to go get it if i pay for permits and fuel, So this could be feasible and i don't need to be worried about being stuck on the side of the road.

usmc deuce cpl

It would probably cost the same and less liability. My truck gets the same milage as deuce. And i can haul paying load to se usa. I figured that it will cost about 1100 to 1300 to drive or haul my way. And i can help out with the lack of trucks in the northwest. I still have to win a second truck. If this works out depending on condition of the trucks I was hoping to sell second truck for around 3000. this would recoup the cost of second truck and shipping. Sounds good to me anyway.

usmc deuce cpl

I think i got one of the trucks moved from Ohio site to redstone. The GL listing on the lot was short and not very informative. The running condition unknown excuse. and few pics.

jrou111

For selling in the PNW, do you think this time of year is the most 'lucrative' for selling a deuce? I would think that most people have found their winter truck by now, and the ones who haven't yet and are considering a deuce are few.

Unless there's a niche for them up there. :-D

BTW, when you get to the gate @ Redstone you need to know the "password"...

it's....

ROLL TIDE!

dm22630

It would probably cost the same and less liability. My truck gets the same milage as deuce. And i can haul paying load to se usa. I figured that it will cost about 1100 to 1300 to drive or haul my way. And i can help out with the lack of trucks in the northwest. I still have to win a second truck. If this works out depending on condition of the trucks I was hoping to sell second truck for around 3000. this would recoup the cost of second truck and shipping. Sounds good to me anyway.

The cheapest that I have had deuces hauled for me was $850 for 2 deuces going 130 miles! And that was only because the company made 6 identical trips for me.

You will spend $2-$3 per mile on the CHEAP side to have deuces hauled. Your shipping costs will be more than the truck will cost & you will not "recoup" anything when you sell it.

Buy one & drive it home, or wait until one is closer to you & it has been checked out (so you dont need to rebuild the engine before you can drive it).

Good luck!

usmc deuce cpl

OK guys i am a truck driver and have access to the right equipment to haul my deuce back. And if the company can find a paying load to al area i can load up mine and bring back for the price of fuel and permits.
The market here in the northwest is fairly good because there are not many bases that sell them in the area. and i think that many of the ones at Ft Lewis are already gone.
I don't think that it would cost much more than 200 to 300 to go down and haul it back myself.

Jinx

For selling in the PNW, do you think this time of year is the most 'lucrative' for selling a deuce? I would think that most people have found their winter truck by now, and the ones who haven't yet and are considering a deuce are few.
Well I'm still looking, FWIW. Got to be a good truck around here somewhere.

BMCUSNAVY

I know the feeling USMC..... I have a 72 whistler deuce & love it.... but it didn't come easy & found it on Craigslist.com. Tried several times on ebay.... an just got another one.... its a true prom queen & yes..... I paid threw the gludeusmaximus for it. Its located in San Clemente Calif & I plan on driving it back to Oak Harbor, Wash (1300 miles). Anyone from Washington area heading to Calif?...lol lol lol

BMCUSNAVY

Feel like I have been bent over a barrel in a sense, but the deuce is outstanding. 83 with less then 1K on it. sandblasted & repainted desert tan & everything gone threw... its still a very big ouchhhh..... at $6.3K

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep 6,3 is a big ouch. Are you sure it has 1K or is it a new speedo??? New paint would be nice though.