• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 problems with my deuce B 4 I leave

Ronbo

Hey guys , I'm try'in to get my deuce ready for this weekends trip, now my compressor isnt working , I took the main output line off and it barely puts out anything.. Can I take the unit apart and clean- fix it? anything i can do to fix it? also my heater blower motor isnt working .I took it out it has voltage going to it and I can spin it by hand so I think teh motors bad.. Cost to replace? Thanks Me

FreightTrain

Banned
Try putting a little air tool oil into the inlet and spin it over.I think the deuce has reed valves on the head so it isn't the governor sticking you should be able to take a fine stone and hone the reeds and seats.

TommyG45

Start simple with the fan motor.

Disconnect the power lead to the blower motor. Change your meter to resistance mode, "ohms" and check that you have continuity through the motor windings to a known good ground. Let me know what you get. Remember, when in resistance mode "ohms" don't connect the meter to a power source, in this case, the meter is the power source. I don't want you to fry your meter.

Last edited:

Barrman

The air compressor has something called "unloader valves." The air from the regulator on the firewall opens these valves and makes the compressor not compress. When the regulator decides the system needs more air, it removes the air from the valves and the compressor starts pumping again.

Start simple. Remove the intake screen/filter on the compressor and make sure it isn't plugged up. Still no workie, then start looking at the unloader valves. They are basically held down by a spring. Pull the cover off and check out the springs. My Gasser had one of the two springs broken off just a little at the end of the coil. I put a washer in as a shim and have had 110 psi air ever since.

If the unloaders check out ok, then you need to start thinking about rings. However, first pull the output line from the compressor, fire up the truck and see if it is pumping air now. You could have a plugged up line somewhere between the compressor and the tanks. No air out means no air in.

Let us know what you find.

Ronbo

I took and put oil in and it didnt do it( work) so I then took the inlet off the compressor and oiled it and nada.. But it does suck air in when my finger in over the inlet, But none coming out!!??? and I'll check the Ohms tonite on the Motor Thanks Gents!! it is very appreciated

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ohms on what motor? I think Tommy was confused, the air compressor has a problem, not the air conditioner(of which I really doubt you have). On your firewall(follow air line form compressor) there should be a air governor valve(or unloader valve). This is what turns your air compressor on and off, and what Barrman was talking about checking.

Dennis

Ronbo

Ok Are the unload valves in the compressor or in the regulator on the fire wall? I fallowed the 1/4? inch line from the compressor to the regulator thingy on the fire wall. and its got another larger line on it too.

54reo

Ohms on what motor? I think Tommy was confused, the air compressor has a problem, not the air conditioner(of which I really doubt you have). On your firewall(follow air line form compressor) there should be a air governor valve(or unloader valve). This is what turns your air compressor on and off, and what Barrman was talking about checking.

Dennis

He has an issue with his heater lower motor as well.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, okay. I was trying to think of how that was related to the compressor, makes more sense now.