• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 x Power Manufacturing MCTWS welding trailer in Albany GA need hauled to Arizona

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Do you still need these moved?

PM Sandcobra and see if he can get them to his place. He works on base. If they are still there. Also do you have any specs on these? Weight doesn't matter but just curious on size to fit places. I can get them to El Paso probably if that helps and something else pans out.

sandcobra164

Not sure how I missed this request. If they are still on base, I can help get them off and move them to my front yard until you get shipping arranged. 229-364-2842, Joseph.

ArizonaGasMonkey

Good evening

Yes still need them picked up.

They measure 12.5 feet long weight is around 5,000 lbs each and they are 5 foot tall.

I don't know conditions of tires or brakes.

Thanks

Aaron

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Get with Sandcobra and see if he can pick them up. I can get them to Memphis atleast. May be able to find a decent ship rate or something who is coming across. I would charge 300 to get em from Albany to Memphis I know 98G goes out that way a lot. Not sure of his schedule.

sandcobra164

Leg one of the journey is sorted out. I will pick these up during my lunch break and haul them behind my Silverado over the next few days. That will allow the OP ample opportunity to sort out shipping. Turns out the truckers are quoting above 2K to haul them and he has paid less than that to have a 5 ton hauled from OKC. Well, he can wait to find a backhaul or they can stay in my front yard until a deal comes along. He may not be in a hurry for them and they can stay out here for quite a bit of time until a good deal shows up.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Leg one of the journey is sorted out. I will pick these up during my lunch break and haul them behind my Silverado over the next few days. That will allow the OP ample opportunity to sort out shipping. Turns out the truckers are quoting above 2K to haul them and he has paid less than that to have a 5 ton hauled from OKC. Well, he can wait to find a backhaul or they can stay in my front yard until a deal comes along. He may not be in a hurry for them and they can stay out here for quite a bit of time until a good deal shows up.
As I always say...you're a good troop Joe!:papabear:

sandcobra164

If anyone is considering hauling these, please keep in mind that you're going to need at least two straps per trailer to keep the roof down in the front. It's a hinged arrangement that opens up to provide shade for the work surface on the rear of the trailer. Originally, there are rubber straps for this task but they are missing from both units. Luckily, I'm familiar with these and came prepared. They towed fine behind my wife's 5.3 powered Tahoe and the tires look to be in pretty good shape. One has a slightly bent drivers side rim but that was just an observation. It didn't seem to affect it and the tire has likely worn to compensate for it. Hubs were cool to the touch after a 17 mile trip with an average speed of 55 mph, high of 70. I can back them onto a low deck trailer with ramps using my CUCV or 5 ton.