• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20,000 hydraulic flow rate

seano11

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew the amount of psi and flow the winches on the 5tons need to work properly. I'm looking at putting a electric Hyd pump in instead of using a motor driven pto

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scroll down and read the first similar thread.

I'm really surprised you did not find it when you searched before posting this thread.

74M35A2

hide.gif

It is good you are researching instead of just doing, you would have been greatly disappointed the way this would have turned out for you. Yes, this has been considered quite a few times by others. Yes, hopefully you did try a search first, as that is where I obtained this a while back. This info was not as easy to find as others, but it is there. The numbers you are in search of are 25gpm at approximately 1800rpm engine speed (max recommended), with a 1750psi relief valve which is integral to the directional control valve. I think it is cheaper and easier to buy a 925 to begin with if that is what you want (I did), but each their own.

An electric pump will not even come close to this. If you don't want to do a trans mounted PTO unit for whatever reason, I'd suggest you next investigate a belt driven clutched unit. Forgot the flow rates on those, but they are available in at least several different volumes, and at least half the rating of the PTO one, or more. They are not low cost though either. You could probably build one cheaper with a small used Honda GX gas engine and a hydraulic pump from Northern, all mounted atop of your pass side tool box (if 923).

74M35A2

$600 for the equivalent belt driven clutched one, plus the headache of mounting and driving it on the engine front.

I just looked this up for another member for moving waste motor oil, and I found prices of $100 for a used Honda 5.5hp GX160 engine, and $50 for a used 25gpm pump. Just buy the mating bracket and coupler new. Mounts nicely atop of the toolbox.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks