• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20 plus mpg 715

majortom

I have built many v8 715 trucks over the years. my personal truck has a 400 plus hp small block, 4 speed, 900-20,disc pb, ps, and dumps. Goes like H, at 6 mpg. So the future of fuel prices means i have to do something. After much thought, and beer, i decided to repower one of my other trucks with a 6.2 / 700r4 as a test. we did a bare frame rebuild with the goal of fuel econ. and comfort. Six mounths later, super seven was born. I average 20 mpg and can cruise at 70. There are detailed pics on alfaheaven.com if you want a 715 that is useable in todays cost issus, this combo works.

Alredneck

Banned
Dang thats one clean M715! Wow great job! Gotta love the old kaisers! Sweet looking rig and 20 mpg should make it a lil easier on the ole wallet!

KaiserM109

Nice work, an inspiration.

I have a 1983 J20 (M715's civilian cousin) that I am rebuilding from the frame up after it was stolen and wrecked. I'm hung up on a bent rear axle housing right now, a Dana 60 with limited slip. I had the original AMC 360 cui rebuilt and balanced. I'll be happy with 16 MPG at 50! Time will tell.

Elwenil

Thanks Gimp. I searched a bit over at The M715 zone, but it's almost impossible to find the old info over there now. I knew he had a better shot at getting impressive numbers with the 4BT, 5 speed and the CUCV axles.