• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$20 Temporary top for HMMWV

dherman304

Hello all, just wanted to share that a found a good way to build a temporary / maybe permanent top for my 2 man M1097.

I bought a 20-dollar plastic panel from Home Depot:

Bought some new stainless #10-24 screws and washers to mount to the existing threaded holes on the top of the A-Pillar then reused the pop rivet holes in the back of the B pillar to mount the top to the back. I was also able to reuse the screws in the A-to-B pillar supports on each side to keep the sides down. All in all Im thrilled that the interior will stay dry for $20 while I wait for a hard top.

Pro Tip, I used masking tap to mark the exact location of the holes on top the A pillar then transferred the masking tape to the panel to mark the holes to drill.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Dherman304, since you are new on here, I just want to make sure you know the "worthless without pictures" is good natured, we are not being unpleasant to you. What we mean is we'd like to see pictures of what you did. ;)

Cheers
YEA... picture worth a thousand words.

Less work trying to explain too, CAMO

dherman304

I'm really sorry, I missed all of the responses to this thread, I have since moved on to a hand fabricated 1/8" aluminum roof which was an absolute pain in the butt to make. I don't have any final products of the aluminum roof but once I do Ill post them. here was the cheap plastic roof and the progress of the metal roof:
1690987771697.png
1690987789121.png
1690987812389.png