• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20 ton bottle jack air/hydraulic

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an update. I left the jack in the 'all the way up' position overnight to check for leaks or poor workmanship.

As of this morning, everything was as normal. So I lowered it down and will be deciding on the type of tool box to build to keep all this stuff in. It won't fit in the box under the drivers side tool box. AT LEAST, I don't think it will.

jim

rmgill

I have the same problem with a bunch of tools, two 6 ton jack stands and such. My 20 Ton bottle Jack (not the fancy air powered type you rich guys buy :roll:) fits in my undercab tool chest. Sad thing is, I bought a good second tool chest that fit on my 5 ton and sold it with the truck not having any good place to store it on the Deuce. Now I need to figure that out again. I've looked at the after market truck storage bins, but at $300 a pop...I'm leaning away from those. I'd rather buy a welder for a little more and fab up my own model. :|

Sarge

Wallew, I've been lusting after one of those jacks. The reason I did not buy one is because I read the instruction manual and could not figure out whether it was air assisting the manual pumping motion, or whether you just shot air to it and it lifts the truck with no pumping.
Can you tell me which one it is? Harbor Freight had no idea.
Thanks!
-Sarge

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sarge,
It's both AIR and Hydraulic. Hook the air up via the 1/4 NPT and just push the lever and up it goes. It makes a psh-psh-psh sound as the extra air escapes from the air motor.

OR just use the jack handle to pump it to the height you need. That works as well.

rmgill,
I HAVE a 30 ton bottle jack that is currently in my truck. And will probably stay there as a back up. BUT, this one is just SOOO EASSY. Plus, my truck has the 1/4 NPT quick disconnect already plumbed to the rear glad hand. So this was a no brainer.

AND it only cost $70. So it wasn't that bad. Of course, my brother gave me my 30 ton bottle jack years ago. He bought it and several others at an auction of a house moving company that went out of business.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never considered having an air/hydraulic jack until you knuckleheads started talking about this. Now I'm having to have one! Darn, there goes next months lunch money!

hdmax

5 year old post, but instead of starting a new one I thought I'd breath some life back into this one.

I am getting an 20 ton Pneumatic/Hydraulic Bottle Jack for the deuce and was wondering if any of you that hang out here use one, and if so, what is your thoughts?
Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

hdmax

thanks for your feedback Gimpy!
Did you invest in an $80-$100 one, or go all out and spend hundreds? I am guessing a low priced one. That is what I am looking at doing. Spend maybe $110 including shipping.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have one by Omega and one from horrible freight. The one from hf works best. I have not spent more than $80 on the ones I got. If you look around, you can find them cheaper than you think.

oilcan

I haven't been able to hurt my hf air over hyd... Yet.

The thing has paid for itself over and over again.

wikallen

I have the HF one, plus the original one that came with the truck, a 25ft air hose, lug tools, and 2 wheel chocks in the box under the drivers side of my 109.