• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20 x ? wheels for 52" Michelins?

JasonS

Is $150 each a fair price for the combat rims? There are some available locally. Any caveats regarding these rims (new studs, ???)

DMgunn

I personally haven't seen them for less than $200 - well, except for the single one that Sermis has for $175 in another thread.

How many does he have? I could use some soon, also.

DMgunn

Are we still talking about 5-ton wheels, or is it back to the deuce (original topic) wheels.....?

Just to clarify, my previous post applies to 5-ton wheels.

OSO

I don't know how many rims he has left. The rims all need nuts for the studs. These wheels are for 5ton trucks. This guy yard is behind or just east of freeway by the Army camp near Tacoma. Yes he is parting out trucks, complete wreckers ,trailers . Brad is his name ph # 360 400 1694

OSO

JasonS All the studs were rusty on my wheels, 20 studs per wheel . I tried to wire brush the threads nuts went on hard . I ran a die all the way till it bottomed on wheel surface , and backed off . Would take about 15 min per wheel all 20 studs . The studs should be okay if they are tight in the wheel, and not too scared up .I bought 8 wheels , mounted up 7 tires . I still have one wheel left ,10 holes to bolt onto axle hub, no nuts for this wheel . I'am running tubes on these wheels chiseled off old O ring cage , grounded old welds off so tube would not get cut. This wheel I would sell for $125.00 plus shipping.

OSO

Monstermog I don't think these will fit unless you have 5ton axles. Does your m-211 have 6 lug nuts or 10 lug nuts per wheel ? :?: I live out side of Arlington towards Darrington. Been working quite a bit and with calves coming getting pretty busy around the place ,have to do some fence repair now ,gate posts install, getting a little behind on farm work right now . I might take the truck down on a sat. night for a run through Burger King. Small car show every Sat. night ,weather permitting , no cab canvas as of yet. aua Give me a call 360 631 1313,maybe could check out dma251 HEMMT. [thumbzup]

OSO

DMgunn I don't know how many he has left . I have one extra wheel , 20 studs per wheel ,to hold outer flange on . His name is Brad ,PH# is 360 400 1694 Give him a call. I would sell that last rim for $125.00 all the studs have had the threads cleaned up O ring cage removed and welds ground off for use with tubes. My # 360 631 1313 Kevin {OSO} 2cents

sermis

I have 4 of the rims, all 4 have tires mounted on them right now so I would need to dismount, if anybody needs them. Shipping would be a killer. 76501 I think they are around 130# each.3 are 20 bolt, 1 is a 10 bolt but all look real good.

sermis

The only difference I see is the 20 bolt have a smaller diameter bolt and more of them. I have not measured the thickness of the wheel flanges but the 10 bolt might be thicker but that is a guess.

JasonS

We are going to pick up a set tomorrow. Are all of these wheels designed to be run as singles? Are you guys flipping the hubs to correct rear tracking?

sermis

I looked at the rims today. The 10 bolt have the wheel flange mounted to the inside part of the 2 piece rim with a bolt on ring on the outside. The 20 bolt wheel flange is on the outter ring of the 2 piece rim.

JasonS

Well, they had piles and pallets of rims. However, they are designed for duals and appeared to have way too much offset to run as singles. The search continues...

503m715

The man in Washington state has several of the 5 ton bolt together rims. He has them with 3 different offsets. He even has one m35a3 rim, but he is keeping it for him self. His place is what I picture part of Heaven looking like. (military trucks and parts every where you look) to bad most are doomed for the scrapper. Thanks again OSO for his info. He not only is a good source of parts, but is a good source of info as well.

OSO

503m175 Glad you got to meet Brad . Pretty sharp guy ,a lot of knowledge of OD and related stuff. I still have get down and check on a cab. 2cents

jwaller

503m715 said:
The man in Washington state has several of the 5 ton bolt together rims. He has them with 3 different offsets. He even has one m35a3 rim, but he is keeping it for him self. His place is what I picture part of Heaven looking like. (military trucks and parts every where you look) to bad most are doomed for the scrapper. Thanks again OSO for his info. He not only is a good source of parts, but is a good source of info as well.
I need some 5T combat wheels. do you have his contact info?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks