• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2000 CCA worth of new batteries!

WARWAG

Someone sometime ago on here mentioned Odyssey batteries as an option. I've looked into them, but have not purchased any yet until I finally get a '09. They appear to be a well built battery, but they're not cheap. Just an FYII.

Odyssey batteries are the best batteries out there right now. The are an AGM battery and keep there charge for a VERY long time. There also immune to vibration which is what kills 99% of all batteries. Sear sells them rebadge under there Die Hard PLATINUM series of batteries. I use them in all my snowcats which are extreme vibation vehicles. My Optimas died in about three years of use in al;l my cats. The Odysseys have lasted now for 5 and one in particular only gets started once a year. Its never let me down. AGM batteries dont have as much CCAs as the same size lead acid type batteries. No worries though. I will be replacing both of my M1028 batteries with 1150 CCA Odysseys as soon as these batteries start giving me grief. They were new when I picked my truck up so no need to change them yet. But yes they are more expensive but should last you about 10 years. Oh and on a side note the people who invented the Odyssey batteries also invented the Optima batteries and sold the company. About a year after they sold the company the quality of the Optimas went down. So much so that what ever they did the un did. Optimas are once again a good battery but the Odysseys are MUCH better.
:beer:

Last edited: