• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2003 M1123 front coil springs

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
I’m m looking for the NSN for the front springs. The non up armored ones. I’ve got one broken one and plan on replacing both.
I believe the COVID has had a real brain fad effect on people. :unsure: Just a quick and easy internet search "HMMWV Springs" and finding this chart. (y) May not be the complete listing, but it is free. So are the TM's TOO. HMMWV's... not so much💰

https://www.flashoffroad.com/Maintenance/FrontEnd/springs/springs_1.htm And some other helpful data.

Here's a another free idea. Start to build up a binder 📖 of all the HMMWV activities, repairs, mods, parts, pictures, drawings, busted knuckles, busted parts, notes and dreams, etc. related to one's unique rig. I started one, two month before I received my rig and seven years later it is six pounds of paper. My own user / owners manual.

Computer, printer, hole punch and binder is my long term memory. LOL 🖥💿🖨

Spring into action, CAMO

Free information and observations. Not directed at anyone, anytime, anywhere or any busted HMMWV.
Just working the keyboard, burning bandwidth, trying to help and watching TV before work.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am no M1123 expert but I would suspect that possibly a 2003 would be an A1 or an A2 variant.

Hopefully someone else will chime in as springs are a difficult item, there are different mounts that require different types of springs

The reason the first thing that is asked of a newbie is to learn the TMs is because it will make you much more familiar with your truck and will also answer many questions that get repeated time after time on this forum.

SmartDrug

I am no M1123 expert but I would suspect that possibly a 2003 would be an A1 or an A2 variant.

Hopefully someone else will chime in as springs are a difficult item, there are different mounts that require different types of springs

The reason the first thing that is asked of a newbie is to learn the TMs is because it will make you much more familiar with your truck and will also answer many questions that get repeated time after time on this forum.
As far as I know, all M1123 trucks are A2 variants.

ANG3CHEAPSHOT

I believe the COVID has had a real brain fad effect on people. :unsure: Just a quick and easy internet search "HMMWV Springs" and finding this chart. (y) May not be the complete listing, but it is free. So are the TM's TOO. HMMWV's... not so much💰

https://www.flashoffroad.com/Maintenance/FrontEnd/springs/springs_1.htm And some other helpful data.

Here's a another free idea. Start to build up a binder 📖 of all the HMMWV activities, repairs, mods, parts, pictures, drawings, busted knuckles, busted parts, notes and dreams, etc. related to one's unique rig. I started one, two month before I received my rig and seven years later it is six pounds of paper. My own user / owners manual.

Computer, printer, hole punch and binder is my long term memory. LOL 🖥💿🖨

Spring into action, CAMO

Free information and observations. Not directed at anyone, anytime, anywhere or any busted HMMWV.
Just working the keyboard, burning bandwidth, trying to help and watching TV before work.
Great advice on the google search. Even still there’s inconsistencies whether or not they are heavy duty or if it makes a difference if you have a winch. I’m checking the TM’s

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Great advice on the google search. Even still there’s inconsistencies whether or not they are heavy duty or if it makes a difference if you have a winch. I’m checking the TM’s
Also search on the site here for spring and ride adjustments. Lots of combinations to suit ones needs. Some like OEM, and others tailor the shocks, springs for individual ride, load, look and pocket book. $$$

Bigger capacity may not be the best option for going to the mall on these retired horses. Good time to research.

Rolling down the road, with big bumps and thuds, CAMO

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not see any 12338316-1 springs on fleabay, which is what the TM shows for nearly all HMMWV but for the 1113-1114-1151 and 1152

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks