• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2003 M1123 Power steering refill.

branbell

I'm also having some whining noises from mine and I also don't see any fluid in the sight glass. I loosened the clamp around the lid but how exactly does the lid come off? I pulled on it pretty hard and couldnt get it loose. Didnt want to pry on it with anything until I got some solid info from ppl here.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm also having some whining noises from mine and I also don't see any fluid in the sight glass. I loosened the clamp around the lid but how exactly does the lid come off? I pulled on it pretty hard and couldnt get it loose. Didnt want to pry on it with anything until I got some solid info from ppl here.
That clamp is like a V-Band clamp and you might need to take the bolt out to get it off. It’s pretty easy to get the clamp on wrong when you put it back on. There is a filter inside also

Action

With the screw undone enough, you can spread the clamp. Push clamp to one side to clear the reservoir and wobble it around until it is all clear, then lift lid off.
Fill to center of glass.

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remove large plug from the top, add fluid. You only need to take it apart to change the filter. A J

visualg

I tried finding TMs on the m1123 power steering system but all I found was the power steering unit with reservoir attached.
I agree, I have an M1123 and have the remote reservoir.. Can't find anything in the TMs about a remote reservoir.. PLus, I have two additional lines coming off the remote reservoir that seem to have been cut.. Haven't been able to locate where they should go or what they really do.. IMG_6497.JPGIMG_6496.JPG

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree, I have an M1123 and have the remote reservoir.. Can't find anything in the TMs about a remote reservoir.. PLus, I have two additional lines coming off the remote reservoir that seem to have been cut.. Haven't been able to locate where they should go or what they really do.. View attachment 866654View attachment 866655
Water fording lines for dash mounted switch that was removed at demil.

visualg

Water fording lines for dash mounted switch that was removed at demil.
Damn, was wondering about that. Just haven't gotten to that switch yet, ordered the kit, just haven't installed it. Is it ok that the lines are open right now or should I plug until I get the switch installed?

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Damn, was wondering about that. Just haven't gotten to that switch yet, ordered the kit, just haven't installed it. Is it ok that the lines are open right now or should I plug until I get the switch installed?
It won't hurt to have unplugged.

Action

I agree, I have an M1123 and have the remote reservoir.. Can't find anything in the TMs about a remote reservoir.. PLus, I have two additional lines coming off the remote reservoir that seem to have been cut.. Haven't been able to locate where they should go or what they really do.. View attachment 866654View attachment 866655
TM 9-2320-387-10