• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2007 a good year to get a 5 ton

SierraHotel

More Green Iron to drool, or cry, over...

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those look like the old US Navy airship hangers at Lakehurst. If you all remember, the LZ 129 Hindenburg burned to the ground at Lakehurst in 1937. There was a rather large complement of airship hangers and related infrastructure there until the 1960s.

BIG BUILDING!

SierraHotel

The memorial for the Hindenburg is pretty…well I guess modest would be a good adjective. For such a land breaking event, you would think that they would have more than a flat plaque that is smaller than my truck.

Attachments

SierraHotel

Old Iron at NAES Lakehurst, NJ

No offense to anyone, but in my humble opinion, NAES Lakehurst is at the hind end of the Navy. Compared to any of the bases I grew up on, including Norfolk Naval Station, it is in sorry shape…

Attachments

SierraHotel

Near as I could tell, they were all Jersey Guard going to DRMO. Pretty much a little bit of everything. These pictures are 6 months old. I know they auctioned some of the tank trailers and a few sorry Deuces. But I’ve got to imagine they’ve added some. The is a slim possibility that I might go back up there next week…possibly I can see.
So many trucks, only 10 fingers….

Nice pics. Now I've got to get a new keyboard, this one's got drool all in between the keys1!!!!!!!!!
Course, I've come to realize I don't want to own them all, I just want to be able to drive them any time I choose AS IF they were my own. Let someone else do the maintenance and pay the bills. But, yeah, one of each would be nice