• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2007 M1097R1 all gauge needles flickering/vacillating

Wildland

Hi all, Im new to humvee ownership, bought my 2007 M1097R1 November 2022. I have been working through it one system at a time. This week I added 12/24v LED backup lights. I bought the same brand/type and part number that Peterbilt successfully installed on my previous M1088. However, I cannot get the light to function. I was told yesterday at the auto electricians to never connect to a single battery and to connect to the 14v nut on the 200amp alternator. The humvee developed dead batts and now flickering needles in all gages. I have since disconnected the hotwire to the batt but the ground circuit is still connected. I had a respected auto electrician test the alt and it produced a steady 27+ volts. The batts also produced 27+ steady volts. The dash voltage gauge reads in the green then tales a dive to yellow then red then all gauges start flickering and the motor does a miss. Im a bit stumped! Thanks, Tim.

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm having issues with gauges also...Both my oil pressure and fuel gauges are pegging out when ever I start the motor...1097 4-speed. The needles jump all the way to 100%+...

Wildland

Question. Have you added any accessories that connect to your electrical system? I had no issues until I added backup LED lights. I understand military humvee's do not have a traditional fuse block but have internal resetting relays. My M1088 had some of those too and I did buy new replacements from Midwest, maybe I should do the same for my 1097.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question. Have you added any accessories that connect to your electrical system? I had no issues until I added backup LED lights. I understand military humvee's do not have a traditional fuse block but have internal resetting relays. My M1088 had some of those too and I did buy new replacements from Midwest, maybe I should do the same for my 1097.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk
No accessories what so ever > Mil spec M1097.