• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally Feb 21-24th

poppop

We spent all day getting ready. The air beds are blown up, sleeping bags in place, Toilet and paper in place, five gallon water jug filled and straped down, cooler filled with water, pepsi for drinks and Oj for breakfast, night lites are hung and truck is prepped and ready to go. Of course have water for motor, silicon brake fluid, lug wrench and cheater, two jacks, one air operated, air wrench, engine oil, air fitting for air from truck and a 50 ft hose.Under my bed are two shotguns, a 20 for the wife and my twelve. Plenty of shells for both and tommorrow I will put in the two cases of screet. I have a powwr convertor in the truck to run 110 volts to charge phones and camera's and run the wife's hair dryer. I have a 12 volt hook-up to run tha GPS and lights for the camper. Tommorow I will hook up the 105 trailer and load the LP bottlles, stove, spare tires and the M66 gun ring that citizensoldier is picking up for houedel. This is going to be FUN!!!!!

poppop

Park close Lane. You are bringing Maple syrup right?? Spelling is wrong I know. I am bringing South Ga Cane syrup and I will trade you a bottle. My friend is bidding on a dump truck as we speak so the timing is bad for the trucks where you are. Forget about that for now.

devilman96

Any body have any suggestions for patching holes in a GP medium?
I have a tarp for making patches, what kind of glue is used?
Contact cement... Kenny has a speedy stich up at the rally... bring it and you can stich the patch after gluing it.

Guys im gearing up to leave tomorrow eve... if anyone needs anything please speak up now as it will be near impossiable later.

The weather looks kinda up in the air right now. Its warmer than last year and may be kinda wet with possiable rain Fri/Sat. Kinda to far out to say for sure but BE PREPAIRED FOR THE WORST CASE PLEASE! Ground tarps and a spare for a rain fly is never a bad thing!!!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USFL0086?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

devilman96

what is the total head and vehicile count for the rally
I wish I could tell you... We have hords of unannounced people and trucks... Ive given up on trying to keep track but I will say this will be by far the biggest SS rally to date.

Pretty darn exciting!!!

citizensoldier

Been loading up all day.. We will be heading out tomorrow night and picking Gymp up in Cincy. Then a trip to tbanks for some tents and supplies and then southbound for FL.. Mike was I supposed to get a CUCV in Wisconsin? Sorry I forgot and dont know what happened to the truck.. LOL
If anybody else is wanting something from tbanks to go to Fl get ahold of him and contact me soon..

dc3coyote

devilman96 said:
what is the total head and vehicile count for the rally
I wish I could tell you... We have hords of unannounced people and trucks... Ive given up on trying to keep track but I will say this will be by far the biggest SS rally to date.

Pretty darn exciting!!!
72 hours and counting :D

devilman96

I will bringing all of the SS shirts to the rally... The actual "rally" shirts are very limited in qty which is why I recomended the advanced purchasing.

poppop

Lane, i am guessing you are coming down 75. What time do you expect to cross into FL. I am taking state roads all the way but will be real close to 75 for quite a ways. I will be on 301. If timing is close we could meet up.

citizensoldier

Should be crossing the fl boarder late Weds or early thursday morning.. Shoot me a PM with your number and I will touch bases with you when we hit GA.. Just no way of telling the time for sure.. We have a full plate all the way south..

dc3coyote

I like Fl 19 south it runs along the coast. Plan to take that to Weeki Wachi and cut across 50 all the way to Richloam, and take the forest roads to Dmans

Russ

I'll be coming up Friday, mid day. Pinz has a tried and tested snorkel and waterproof ignition. For the gun portion of the show, I'll be bringing up an electric launcher for clay targets to keep the shotgunners happy.

I can't believe it's only a matter of days!!!

Russ

It wasn't that deep last year, there are pictures on the site. Just don't follow me, I got nearly everyone stuck last year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks