• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2009 M1165a1

Action

Thanks man! Really appreciate the info/pics. Very helpful! So I've been debating getting the sf97. I've gotten conflicting info on whether or not it has “for offroad use only” on it. If it doesn't that will be helpful but if it does I can't use it anyways. My Wife is an attorney so she's familiar with the process of titling a car by going through the courts and getting a dec action. This was our plan if it does have “for offroad use only” on it. Will probably be sweating it until it's finally titled. Thanks again for the info
Why don't you just pay the $150 and get a title with it.

Reactions: OBX

HCF

Why don't you just pay the $150 and get a title with it.
Because everything I’ve read says that the title definitely comes with an off-road only stamp on it. Florida is very particular about titling these things. If it is titled with the off-road stamp it’s becomes a HUGE pain in the ass to get it street legal. But if I have a clean sf97 or just a plain old bill of sale I can get a court dec act to make the dmv issue a title/tag with little to no trouble.

Action

Because everything I’ve read says that the title definitely comes with an off-road only stamp on it. Florida is very particular about titling these things. If it is titled with the off-road stamp it’s becomes a HUGE pain in the ass to get it street legal. But if I have a clean sf97 or just a plain old bill of sale I can get a court dec act to make the dmv issue a title/tag with little to no trouble.
You can just call GovPlanet and ask them. Don't rely on what you read on the internet. I used to live in FL. I inquired about an auction HMMWV at the DMV. The lady told me to just bring in the SF97. So I ask what happens if the short VIN comes back as a golf cart or something else. She then told me if it doesn't have a 17 digit VIN, I will have to take it to some place that does VIN checks in FL to make sure it is good. I called and that guy told me that he will not issue titles for HMMWV in FL.
When I moved to FL, I took my title from another state. A woman came outside and made sure the VIN tag matched the title I had in hand. I paid for the tag and registration and got the electronic title.

rjf189

If you're worried about it, just hire Dirt Legal to get you an on-road Vermont or Utah tag/title/registration and either keep it or use it to transfer into your state. For various reasons, that is the route I went.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats incorrect,I get all my trucks with title, GP issues a clean Utah title, it’s not off road, nor were my ITV Growlers.
only DLA Army trucks have Off Hwy only restriction, USMC does not have the restrictio.

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats incorrect,I get all my trucks with title, GP issues a clean Utah title, it’s not off road, nor were my ITV Growlers.
only DLA Army trucks have Off Hwy only restriction, USMC does not have the restrictio.
Yup, just got my title through GP. And my auction stated OffRoadUse only.. not clean.. Paid $150, got Utah title. Just my 2cents

HCF

Thanks RWH! That’s great to hear. That will make life easier. I was worried that if I requested a title and it came with “off-road only” it wouldn’t be very easy to undo it. I’ve had one gp employee tell me it would come with “off-road only” on it and one tell me it wouldn’t so it didn’t give me a whole lot of faith in what they were telling me. Good to hear from people that have actually gone through the process. Thanks again!