• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 GA Rally Food Service

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, since I'm a slow learner and a glutton for punishment, I plan on bringing the MKT to the 2010 GA Rally.

In 2010 Wreckerman and I have decided that we will make up bag lunches for those going on the trail and try to have them available at breakfast time. We are thinking one sandwich (meat and cheese), a bag of chips, a piece of fruit (either an apple, orange or banana) and a bottle of water. That will allow the folks to stay out longer, if they want to!

I expect to be in a shop van next year, which will make getting things out of the fridge and freezer easier, and also have shelf space to organize all the food we brought - so we don't forget to make things we planned for.

We are hoping to learn from our lost opportunities and do better in 2010! Please use this thread for all the food related posts as the event nears.:)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I really like that chicken and sgetti stuff. Burgers with cheese and bacon would be awesome. Mets, braughts, and cheddar wurst is easy and fast. Turkey, ham, and bacon is good. I'm sure I'll add more in a bit. Dang, now I'm hungry...

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,
First off let me start by saying that you and Richard outdid yourselves with the operation of that wonderful piece of military history, the MKT!

I agree with Gimp, the chicken and spaghetti was pretty good stuff, especially after busting hump all day packing and stacking, you can really work up an apatite.

As far as I'm concerned whatever menu you work up for next years rally would be awesome, it sure beats the he!! outta eating cold sandwiches or going to the Durhamtown restaurant to eat. The food, the company, and the conversation couldn't be beat.

I make homemade sauerkraut, if you would like some next year for a topping for some dogs or if you could think of a way to use it as a meal let me know and I can pack some away for the rally.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I make homemade sauerkraut, if you would like some next year for a topping for some dogs or if you could think of a way to use it as a meal let me know and I can pack some away for the rally.
We welcome donations...they add varity and help hold down costs.

We got a lot of good stuff this year.......deer meat (think SOS)....Tony Wright, peanuts, maters, peas greens......Poppop.....plus folks donated ice, cake, paper plates, cups, etc.

We made enough money to purchace next years supplies without having to put up our own cash.

Clinto has it in the "kitty"......sealed in a rusty mason jar and hidden it his back yard.

Next year will rock.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to admit, the fried chicken was da bomb. By far my favorite. Did you guys do creamed chipped beef? I missed all the breakfasts.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was up before the first light every morning. Sitting outside after my shower watching the daylight come upon us enjoying an ice cold cream soda. Maybe next year I'll bring my golf cart to ride between the cabin and FOB.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Those hamburgers and fries we had for lunch were awesome!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I told you those roadkill armadillo burgers would be a hit WM:-D Sorry Tim got sick when he saw the pelts:cry:

Thank you so much for your effort with the chilie mac SCSG-G4. I would have been there for sure but got ambushed.
A #10 can of chillie with mac will feed me...but what if somebody else wants some?

Attachments

scooter01922

The food was FANTASTIC. By far the best SOS and mystery meat over rice i have ever consumed (or admitted to consuming) You sure as hell don't need any suggestions from me, if the grub is even half as good next year it will still be enough reason fro me to show up again.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Did you get any squirrel stew or rabbit dumplings scoot?
How bout hog maws or fat back? Cracklins? Frog legs? Crawdads? Mountain oysters?
catfish? Tadpoles? Hog brains and eggs? Pickled pigs feet? Collard greens?
Beans w/hamhocks?

Oh well...an MKT can only provide the basics...which is outstanding...don't get me wrong.. but the REALLY good stuff requires a steady supply of roadkill, a pond and or creek and a garden.:-D

Attachments

jimm1009

food for 2010 ralley

Sorry to butt in, where is the link for the 2010 ralley for said ralley food?

Sorry, been searching.

Perhaps edit top of thread and place date there too?

jimm1009

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks