• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Jeep Beach, Daytona Beach Fl

rbeasley66

Took the Deuce to the 2010 Jeep Beach event in Daytona Beach FL May 14, 15 & 16. I was the only large military vehicle there and I had a great time. There were almost 600 Jeeps in the Daytona Speedway Saturday and almost 500 Jeeps driving down the beach Sunday morning. Here are a few pictures of what it looked like going Green in Daytona Beach.

Attachments

rbeasley66

The two boys are future Steel Soldiers that want a Deuce and went for a ride in one too. It was a fun weekend at the racetrack and on the beach too. And the Deuce was the hit of the event. I think the paint is faded even more from all the pictures that were taken of it.

Attachments

rbeasley66

A view of from the outside and from inside the cab going through part of the obstacle course. And what a lot of speed bumps there were Recovry4x4, I thought I was in a mall parking lot.

Attachments

rbeasley66

Another outside and from inside the cab view going over the ramp. My Deuce amazed me in what it was doing. I just wished someone could have driven it so I could watch the tires go up and down over the rough obstacle course. On the way home from Daytona Beach, my Deuce was humming along just fine, the fan belts came apart and took out the compressor belt and wrapped themselves around the compressor pulley shaft. I had a spare compressor belt and tools, but not fan belts. To my rescue came my brother, phil2968, with the belts off his Deuce. He came to where I was stranded on the side of Interstate 4 and helped me install his belts in the dark. Got the Deuce running and headed on home. Thanks for a Steel Soldier being nearby, and a brother too.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks