• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Rausch Creek Spring MV Rally Sign Up

musclecars664

i will be going with my 2 brothers and my dad, so 4 people total. we will be on a jeep overland and my M1028, we should be there Saturday morning if my truck doesn't break down. lol. haven't taken it on a road trip this long.

Hi my buisness partner is good friends with Bruce Shallis (park owner). I have sent him an email and my partner will try to contact him via phone tomorrow. On their web sight it states Mon-Thurs is apointment only. I will post more info about the possibility to camp there on Thusrday night ASAP.

Eric

Antagonist

Hey guys, I'm following PowerHouseDeuce up with the guys from Maryland Rock Raiders. I'll be bringing a CJ7, and I'll be looking forward to seeing a couple of you guys run.
Update: I'll be bringing my CJ7 and my CJ5, plus 3 extra bodies (driver and spotter for both rigs) Still heading down friday.

Yes we can camp Thursday night. Here is the response from the park:

You can arrive Thursday night. Here is our camping memo if
you could pass along the info to the rest of the group that are camping
that night.

This is what you need to know. All camping is to the right of the
driveway in the designated area. The rules are posted at the potties and
at some of the sites. Basically, clean up your area when done, pack out
your trash, use the designated firerings in the tent sites (don’t have a
campfire in the parking lot!), no large fires or fireworks. Don’t move
the firerings around or put them together in bunches to have a big fire.
Don’t burn pallets or other wood with nails in it.

You're allowed on the property the night before for camping, you can come
and go out the driveway as needed, but don't go driving around the comp
course or onto the trails. If you get there before dark, you may see
others wheeling, but they should have paid earlier in the day to go
wheeling.

The office will be open the following morning starting at 8 a.m. for
everyone in your group to get registered. If you are new to the park,
you’ll need drivers and passengers to come up and register. The
membership form requires driver’s license and vehicle info from everyone,
even the passengers.

We recently clarified our policy on alcohol as follows: Anyone observed
drinking and driving will permanently lose their membership privileges and
their affiliated club will be sanctioned. No alcohol is allowed on the
property except for the camping area. Alcohol may be consumed only AFTER
you are done wheeling for the day and only in the camping area. Do not
walk around the comp course with alcohol. Do not drive around the trails
with alcohol in your vehicle, leave it at camp.

Yes we can camp Thursday night. Here is the response from the park:

You can arrive Thursday night. Here is our camping memo if
you could pass along the info to the rest of the group that are camping
that night.

This is what you need to know. All camping is to the right of the
driveway in the designated area. The rules are posted at the potties and
at some of the sites. Basically, clean up your area when done, pack out
your trash, use the designated firerings in the tent sites (don’t have a
campfire in the parking lot!), no large fires or fireworks. Don’t move
the firerings around or put them together in bunches to have a big fire.
Don’t burn pallets or other wood with nails in it.

You're allowed on the property the night before for camping, you can come
and go out the driveway as needed, but don't go driving around the comp
course or onto the trails. If you get there before dark, you may see
others wheeling, but they should have paid earlier in the day to go
wheeling.

The office will be open the following morning starting at 8 a.m. for
everyone in your group to get registered. If you are new to the park,
you’ll need drivers and passengers to come up and register. The
membership form requires driver’s license and vehicle info from everyone,
even the passengers.

We recently clarified our policy on alcohol as follows: Anyone observed
drinking and driving will permanently lose their membership privileges and
their affiliated club will be sanctioned. No alcohol is allowed on the
property except for the camping area. Alcohol may be consumed only AFTER
you are done wheeling for the day and only in the camping area. Do not
walk around the comp course with alcohol. Do not drive around the trails
with alcohol in your vehicle, leave it at camp.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WHOEVER GETS THERE FIRST!!!

There is a nice little camping area immediately to the right of the driveway into Rausch Creek. It is under the trees, and is pretty nice. SNAG THAT ONE if it is still available. The rest of the camping sites are in the open on rock surface, and looks like camping on a moon base. Make sure you rope off a good sized area, cuz it looks like we're getting at least 10 big MVs.

Here's a couple pics of the site that is nice, as we snagged it in 2008. In the last pic you can see the gravel in the bottom right of the pic, that is the driveway in, like I said, the nice campsite is IMMEDIATELY to the right of the driveway.

Attachments

Last edited:

powerhouseduece

Maddawg, why do you want the spot right next ti the entrance? I'm sure people will be rolling in balls early saturday and don't feel like waking up to everyone and their mother pulling in at 5am.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When we camped out in that same spot two years ago, noone seemed to notice - it didn't happen. People started rolling in around 8am. Most of us were up by then anyways.
:)

Mudstone

Well i should roll in around 10 pm tomorrow night. Provided no snags allong the route. I plan on setting up shop at that point and racking out for the eve. I think i may sleep in friday a bit to catch up. Then will hit trails with whoever is willing to kinda take some easy runs. If i am not seen friday morning anyone traveling I78 please pick up the guy on the side of the highway with the green tent fly. He will probably be drunk with the grill fired up. Keys will be stashed in a nearby bush so as to avoid dui. See you all there and everyone be safe.

Anthony

Mudstone

Well i should roll in around 10 pm tomorrow night. Provided no snags allong the route. I plan on setting up shop at that point and racking out for the eve. I think i may sleep in friday a bit to catch up. Then will hit trails with whoever is willing to kinda take some easy runs. If i am not seen friday morning anyone traveling I78 please pick up the guy on the side of the highway with the green tent fly. He will probably be drunk with the grill fired up. Keys will be stashed in a nearby bush so as to avoid dui. See you all there and everyone be safe.

Anthony

kassim503

Id bring some food, grill, sleeping accommodations, change of clothes (in case you get wet), beer, wood, water, tp (they have porta potties). If you like being prepared, bring some oil, axle shafts, tools, spare tires, jacks, air compressor, generator, tv, coffee maker, camper, etc. :)

See yall on friday!

MiltonFine

Being only 15 minutes away, I can tell you the weather is fantastic! Better bring your shorts because it looks like 80F for Saturday. [thumbzup]

And I think the campsites should be dry enough. We didn't get the catastrophic rains here like most of the East coast, but hopefully enough that the mudpits are wet.

If anyone arrives early and is bored, there are nice drives nearby. I put them both together in a loop on this map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=453+Molleystown+Road,+Tremont,+PA+17981+(Rausch+Creek+Off+Road+Park)&daddr=PA-443+W%2FSuedberg+Rd+to:Fort+indiantown+gap+to:York+Rd+to:Old+State+Rd+to:Molleystown+Rd%2FState+Route+4011&hl=en&geocode=Fb6fawIdU4tx-yGK8ghQEHLHZylBLs5PevjFiTHu8KiP5Kqidg%3BFd5kagIdNCNx-w%3BFSP8aAIdnaRv-yndTlzTaqzIiTHgfdpN6VBBdw%3BFVQOaQIdXCRw-w%3BFb3qaQIdFmJw-w%3BFayfawIdqIlx-w&gl=us&mra=mr&mrcr=1&via=1,3,4&sll=40.473591,-76.488533&sspn=0.060721,0.154324&ie=UTF8&ll=40.476709,-76.521857&spn=0.00759,0.01929&t=h&z=16

On the return north leg, one used to access Old State Road via Iron Bridge Road near where I-81 crosses over PA-72, but Google is not letting me plot that route. I am not entirely certain that Old State Road is still open. It has been 3-4 years since I was back there.

And if anyone thinks they might need mechanical assistance, PM me now and I'll send you my phone number.

Last edited:

kassim503

My plans seemed to have been changed up a little, Im no longer bringing a guest and not staying the night friday :-( Too much stuff going on too little time i guess. So itll just be me arriving friday AM leaving around 6-7 PM