• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Wheeling For The Wounded: Disney, OK: 8/14/10

swirvin21

We are holding our annual "Wheeling For The Wounded" charity event on August 14 in Disney, OK at Hogan's Offroad Park. Last year was the first time our local group helped sponsor the event and this year we are hoping to improve on it. I thought there would be no place better than SS to find like minded individuals to participate. Our hope is to have more veterans attend, give rides to vets, have some military vehicles present, and pass along a big donation to both the "Wounded Warrior Project" and "Operation Light Sabre."

Come & join us to support wounded vets. This event will be all day Saturday. Registration from 6pm to 8pm Friday and 8am to 9am Saturday. The event packet will cost $50.00 per rig. No other purchase necessary. If a rig has passengers they can prepay for food tickets at a discounted price at the time of registration. The event packet will include a t-shirt, raffle tickets, lunch, dinner, and lots of extras.

We will have a raffle at 6pm Saturday. Lots of stuff! Be there!

Our Facebook page is: WHEELIN FOR THE WOUNDED | Facebook

As with all of these events, we are constantly looking for sponsors, donations, etc. If you know of any businesses that might want to sponsor or donate for the event, anything and everything helps. $250 cash or $500 in product gets their name on the event t-shirts if received by July 1st. I know that is short notice, but I didn't want to post until all the details were determined.

I am also personally collecting letters, care packages, and other items to send over to the troops. I recently separated from duty with the Marines and want to continue to support all of my brothers in arms. I would greatly appreciate anyone who participates bringing a letter or card. I still get misty when I think of the cards I received from strangers and especially the children, even being called a "soldier" made me smile! I want to pass that feeling along.

We are also accepting donated items to be raffled off: winches, memorabilia, tires, rims, etc. Anything you would be willing to purchase a raffle ticket for.

Feel free to ask any questions. Any help in passing this along would be greatly appreciated!

:grd:

Semper Fi!
Cpl. Irvin, Kyle
USMC