• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 MTA Swapmeet Dates

jatonka

It was a GREAT show, even inclement weather can't wreck the MTA Sussex green machine! Thank you to all the people who visited me down there, I think this circle of friends is the best bunch of guys and girls I have ever met. So glad to see Art Swain doing well and so sad to not see Dave Pozzi and John Eklund. Having the Blackhawk fly in and bring us Sheila and Doug was the highlight for us at JATonka. IMHO, this is the smoothest running east coast show of all. Can't wait for next year, God willing. JT out

WarrenD

I had a great time on Sunday, enjoyed meeting Scott, Randy etc and it was good to see Ol' Bill (our own SrJeeper) again. Didn't get to much in the vendor area, but didn't have anything to spend anyway. A few photos are up: MTA 2011 Photo Gallery by baywing at pbase.com

Congrats to Bill (SrJeeper) for his Best in Class Award for his deuce!

Here are a couple to wet your appetite:

Attachments

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A little wet weather wasnt going to stop another great show. The MTA show committee really pulled out all the stops and it showed. Great job goes out to all of you; and thanks for letting me be a part of it.[thumbzup]

FormerNewMVGuy

Thanks to all who came to our show! :beer:
The weather stuck it to us on saturday, but sunday went off without a hitch, it was great to meet Warren and some others from SS, But I'm ussually so busy i dont have time to mingle.
Warren took some great photo's as ussual, and i want to thank Bill (srjeeper) for helpin me with our security force this year,and thanks to all of the awesome Vendors who make our show the best!

Srjeeper

MTA Rocks..!!!!!!

Everybody involved deserves a big 'Thank You' for makin this the premiere show on the east coast.

The MTA & all it's hard working members for putting in the time and considerable effort to make it happen and improve year after year.

The many vendors for their hard work and generosity with pricing and donations that help the club thru out the show.

The reenactor/display persons that do their best to accurately provide a living snapshot of a spacific period of time in our nations military past.

The Historic Military Vehicle owners that travel untold distanceses with, what is for many, their most prised posession for others to see and enjoy.

The CAP young men & women for seeing folks get to where they need to be all weekend long with little or no recognition.

The vets that come and share, what for many, is a difficult way to rekindle past experiences and memories.
Not all good, but all responsible for making them who they and we are on this day.

Finally the spectators, who without, this would not be possible. They are the driving force that makes these shows the most enjoyable for all of us involved. Some DO give us pause on occasion, but when it's all done and over with, they're why we do what we do. Their intrest, the young folks so eager to see and learn of our nations warriors and hear their stories. 2cents

So for everybody that showed up at the 10th. Annual MTA Show & Swapmeet...'Thank You !!' [thumbzup]

Those that couldn't be with us, you missed one heII of a great show. aua

The 11th. is less than a year away now...:jumpin:

krall

yes sir, that was a great show,

just wanted to see if anyone has the guys number or if he is on SS that was set up with all the data plates, I finally found the ones I wanted to show him and don't have any contact info, I know he was the one set up with the three mules on a aluminum trailer and a big tan deset painted rv.
any help would be great. thanks

Whitey

yes sir, that was a great show,

just wanted to see if anyone has the guys number or if he is on SS that was set up with all the data plates, I finally found the ones I wanted to show him and don't have any contact info, I know he was the one set up with the three mules on a aluminum trailer and a big tan deset painted rv.
any help would be great. thanks
To add to rickf's info, his screenname here is dkelone. He's your man for dataplates.

Last edited:

DKELONE

My thanks to the staff for all of their hard work. The show was well put on and the facility was outstanding. The food vendor put out good stuff and the guy on the west side behind the 5 sheds with the MKT trailer did an outstanding job. I've sent a PM to Krall. David

DAVID P. KELONE
MILITARYMULES.COM
MVDATAPLATES.COM
6401 NORTH SHERIDAN ROAD
PEORIA, IL 61614
309-696-7080
DKELONE@AOL.COM

emr

FYI we had to rent yet another shed for outdoor/covered vendors :) Looks like we will sell that out too :), Its coming fast, everything is a BIG GOOOOOOOO:):):) if someone wants to rent a space, they need to asap mtaofnj.org will have a swapmeet thingy to hit to get all the info :jumpin:[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks