• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Rocky Mountain Airshow, Denver

Ghostdriver

I would LOVE to have a rally somewhere around here. Just on my own time and in my own mind, I have examined the logistics of holding one. An enormous amount of work, but possible with the right resources (probably no more difficult than holding a combined training equestrian event). Toughest part might be municipal permitting, depending on location.

98taco3

the venue would also be an issue. Have thought about it myself but have not been able to think of a suitable venue to hold an event like this. You could conceivably get guys coming from the west coast for an mv event here in CO. Private land would obviously be a better choice since permits most likely would not have to be pulled. A place to ride trails would also be a big plus. Im willing to pitch in and make it happen but a single person couldnt pull it off...

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the venue would also be an issue. Private land would obviously be a better choice since permits most likely would not have to be pulled. A place to ride trails would also be a big plus.
Remember, the first GA rally was at the State Park in Helen-no permits required. We did a 10 mile (or so) trail ride down a state trail/road. There's ALOT of state parks just NW of Denver. (BTW-GA will break 100 vehicles this year. I'll throw out a challenge for CO to pass it in 3 years!:D

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talking of air shows, that was a sad event at the Reno Air Show. I hope the powers to be do not place a thousand restrictions on further air shows.

My heart goes out to the dead and injured.

B3.3T

Looks like a great event. I see two vehicles there that I once owned. Neat turnout. Thanks for posting the photos and of posting photos of the folks there too, instead of just vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks