• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Virginia International Tattoo 4/29-5/1

Due to my past involvement volunteering with the Virginia Arts Festival and the Virginia International Tattoo, I was asked if it was possible to get some military vehicles to display at the Tattoo this year. What they (the festival)are looking for is 3-5 vehicles of various sizes/era's to be in a static display for several hours before the performances at the Norfolk Scope. There is a large open area in front of the Scope and Chrysler Hall, and several of the groups will be putting on small performances as part of the "Tattoohullaballoo" on the mall before the show.

This is just a notice to see how much interest there is in people volunteering their time/vehicles to this event. If you're interested, PM me with your information (name, age/type of vehicle) so I can get a list together. What I'd like to see is enough people volunteer to have a different group each of the 3 days. No promises, but I'm going to see if the people who bring their vehicles can get tickets to the show.

Check out their website and see if you'd be interested in being part of this great event.
The Virginia Arts Festival - Tattoo

Here is the link to their FaceBook page.
Login | Facebook

Hope to see you there.
Dave
aka OldDominionIron

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Some info on tattoo:

The original meaning of military tattoo is a military drum performance, but nowadays it sometimes means army displays more generally.
It dates from the 17th century when the British Army was fighting in the Low Countries (Belgium and The Netherlands). Drummers from the garrison were sent out into the towns at 21:30 hrs (9:30PM) each evening to inform the soldiers that it was time to return to barracks. The process was known as doe den tap toe (old-Dutch for "turn off the tap"), an instruction to innkeepers to stop serving beer and send the soldiers home for the night. The drummers continued to play until the curfew at 22:00 hrs (10:00PM). Tattoo, earlier tap-too and taptoo, are alterations of the Dutch words tap toe which have the same meaning.

Okay, getting ready to call my friend at the festival and tell her the about the lack of response. I'd take mine every day, but we'll be in a refueling outage at the nuclear plant I work at while it's going on. Hopefully next year will be better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks