• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Wa State Mini Rally #5

AaronW

What's the status of the owner and rescue op?
Starting to get kinda late for a start over tonight. I'm still up for it at this point. I'll monitor the thread for another hour or so.

Idea: Quarkz is close to the tow yard. Maybe he could grab it if the owner just needs time.

Stalwart

Rescue is kinda easy for us as we have a trailer for hauling my small armor. We did this once over on the peninsula, it worked out great for both parties. He didn't have to risk untested brakes in a deuce, and we got to take a nice little ferry ride. He just had to pay for fuel and the ferry. With Jane in the hospital and us fostering a dog and 5 pups, let alone the 2 kids we have and all their sports . . . just no time to assist. :cookoo:

Little Red

Wow, thanks to everybody that is offering to help.
If I had known so many people where willing to help out I would have tried to post something last Thursday to see if anybody was able to tow my deuce home.

Here is what happened, I went to pick her up on Thursday with the help of some friends that where going to follow me while I would drive her home.
When I got there the batteries where dead so I could not start her.
I bought 2 new commercial grade heavy duty batteries from Napa. (with fire dept discount) and installed them. She fired right up on the first try with the new batteries and ran great. I then took off towards home, an almost 300 mile trip. After about 5 miles it felt like she was not getting enough fuel and then she died. I tried to start her up again but she would not start so I checked everything I could think off.
The primary and secondary fuel filter where both dirty. I drained them and then checked the final fuel filter, with was clean.
After that she started back up and made it another 45 miles or so with breaking down one more time inbetween. The last time this happended I was about 2 blocks away from an auto aucction and tow company (in Pasco, WA).
I had them tow the deuce to their yard and ofcourse after we parked her there she started back up. But I dicided that it would be safer to leave her there.

At this piont I think all she need is 2 new fuel filters and she would be good to go. But I have already spend so much money on her that I am not sure if I want to buy the fuel filters and spend another 2 days over in Eastern WA to try to fix her and then drive her home.

That is why I posted a link to my craigslsit ad here. I thought a lot of people from WA are reading this and sombody might be interested in buying the deuce from me. (I also did not intend on hijacking this tread)

If nobody buys the truck, than it will be auctioned off on the 15th or I can pay them 100 dollars and pick her up anytime.
The auction has a reserve price, so either way I should get the money back that I paid for her. Just not all the extra cost in fuel, parts and lodging.

I work nights and have to work weekends so that is whay I could not respond any earlier to this tread.
I reily apreciate all the help being offered and if I can save some money I might change my mind and see if some of you guys can help me change the fuel filters or tow her home.

Firehound

That's what good folks like us are for.. even if you just get your rig home, or somewhere you can leave it long term, you will be way ahead of the game...

gravey

Duece help

I have A lowboy and storage if intersted in Moxee Wa . Will the duce run long enough to get it on the trailer?

How long nose to tail make sure it will fit in the well

cheers Gravey

Little Red

Ok, I realy apriciate all the help being offered by you guys here.
I will have to think about what to do now.

Storage is not a problem if I can get the deuce home, I have a big yard.
I am pretty sure that if I get her started she will run long enough to drive her on to a trailer.

The problem is that I have already spend more money on the deuce than I want to. I have made 2 trips already from my home to Pasco and those are 270 miles one way. So fuel is expansive. I also had to buy 2 new batteries and a trip permit. Total is about 600 dollars. And I will have to pay another $100 towing fee when I pick her up from the place in Pasco where she is right now.

with the holidays coming up soon I just don't have any more money to spend on her right now. So unless I can come up with enough money to pay someone to tow her home and fuel for another trip over to Eastern WA, I think the best idea for me is to sell her for about 2200. That way I make about 200 dollars and can pay off the credit card.

I hate sell her but I am sure that eventually I will find another deuce for sale that I can better afford.

But if nobody buys her from me than I might have to come up with some plan to get her home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks