• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Western WA Dec. Rally, Graham, WA

What date works best for the Dec Rally? (Select all availabe dates please)

• Sat, Dec 10th

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Sun, Dec 11th

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Sun, Dec 18th

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • another day (please let me know which one)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Olywadan

Smoked anything sounds good right now. I'll bring some side dishes (potato, macaroni salad, etc.) I'll just be bringing myself.

Anyone have that fancy tool to change a compressor belt? In need to change mine. Would be cool to acquire/borrow one. I also have a 105 cover and extra legs that I'd like to trade for a regular 105 cover. It's an extra 2ish feet tall so you can stand in it if anyone is interested. Plan is to cut the extra fabric off and make it back to a regular cover. Has seen better days, little holes hear and there and a rip in the corner.

Attachments

wsucougarx

A set of large channel locks and a crescent wrench or a pipe wrench will work. Be sure to put some anti seize compound on the threads to help with future belt changes.

Firehound

Lookin like 5-6 so far...

Lemme post up the general directions and a few ground rules:

I'm all the way at the end of my street, last house on the right. Look for an older blue suburban in the front yard with a big light bar on top, and a blue Chevy Trailblazer in the driveway. If you're the first SS member to show up, sound horn and wait for ground guide. I'll park the first few rigs so we dont knock down fences or rub fenders, etc... Weaponry (personal and vehicular) is allowed, if sanctioned at SS events. (No firing range though, it's in a neighborhood. please be smart!)

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
If the dogs are in the fenced portion of the yard. DON'T GO BACK THERE!!!
(owner will bite if dogs get loose) They are friendly as all get out... they are also too dumb to know there are gates in the fence... so they dont try to escape under it... They will most likely be inside and in their kennels while everyone is here, but just to be safe, I wanted to make that clear...

I'm lookin forward to this!!

Firehound

Oh, is anyone planning on bringing anything bigger than a 5 ton? or towing a trailer? if I know ahead of time we can plan parking better...

Olywadan

Can you add one to the count? My gf wants to stop by if girls are allowed. Her excuse for getting out of a Christmas party. I'm bringing the Deuce and she's on a motorcycle.

srodocker

I can show up for sure now. will be bringing deuce and then leaving your place to work around 4. anyone have a project?

and i think me and jets will convoy over if anyone else wants to

BadMastard

Glad you can make it Scott! It's not a rally without you.

We could do a lmtv cover project?

Stuart! Bring a heater! You're gonna miss out on some of the finest smoked meats in Graham!

Stalwart

Stuart! Bring a heater! You're gonna miss out on some of the finest smoked meats in Graham!
I'd actually like to but with the kids and their sports and Jane deciding to foster 3 puppies, I'll have to pass. Besides, I have to do some troubleshooting on the HEMTT before it goes out again, the Jacobs brake has decided to take a vacation (F$%#@*G Murphy). That truck likes to fly down the road and although it has 4 axles with HUGE drums, the Jake is nice to help slow it's empty 39,000 lb. mass. Detroit Diesels don't provide much engine braking without a Jake, Jane is bitchin' that she wants it back in operation. I think she'sdecided it's her truck now . . . :shock: She's managed to steal just about every other toy I've had.

Too bad too, I LOVE smoked meats! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I appreciate the invite!

srodocker

So josh you coming???

and also do you guys want to watch me and with jerrys help put on my fmtv top? if josh comes and gets mine im defiantly going to need to put the new one on hehehe

srodocker

ALSO

Ed *fortpowell*, Dwayne *jets* and I will be meeting at the 512 park and ride to convoy over to the rally. were meeting at 11

Last edited:

BadMastard

h3ll scott, I wanna watch us put on your lmtv top! I'll bring my baby welder, some cutting blades for the grinder. You'll need some (12?) 4 1/2 bolts (I'd go with 3/8"), some washers, and decide if you want tube steel mounts, bolt on to the side rails, etc. If you go with usable for either top, you'll need some angle mild steel, about 1 1/2 inch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks