• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Fall Haspin Rally 2

What date works best for the 2012 Fall Haspin Rally

• October 5, 6, the morning of 7

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 12, 13, the morning of 14

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 19, 20, the morning of 21

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eagle4g63

Sweet...........hard to see the numbers on it but looks to be a Cobra 29........Sound tracker even!!!!

Do you know how to use the built in meter to check the swr's?

I can walk you through it...........don't want your antenna too far out of wack..........Plus I AM bringing my SWR meter so I can tune the antenna there for you.........you just don't want to be keying up on it if the antenna is far of..........it will blow your finals and you will loose your transmit........very common problem that is wrong with most cb's cause people don't check the swr's before they go using the thing.

212sparky

It is a 29. I have no clue on the swr I hooked it up. Made sure it picks up. I am running a 3' tuneable firestick on the mirror. I think it should work good :)

eagle4g63

I have echo in mine also..........some people find it a little annoying.........you just need to know to adjust it so it doesn't make you sound like you are in the grand canyon. Anyway........the firesticks are good antennas.......usually pretty close on the swr....

Anyway if you look at the meter on the left you will see one of the lines says "swr", the first switch at the top lust to the left of the meter will have 3 positions, the bottom position will say cal........with the radio on, and the switch in that position..........wait also you need to know the knob to turn it is the one on the right just to the left of the large channel knob that says swr cal......ok back to radio on set to channel 20..........key the mic and hold it down(DON'T TALK IN IT) and you watch the meter and turn the little cal knob to set the needle to where the meter is in the red lined up with the little mark that said cal........let go of the mic key.........move the littel switch on the left to the middle position(swr) and the key up again........what eht needle and see what number it goes up to......should be less than 2 but definitely less than the RED........if it goes into the RED do NOT USE THE RADIO till the antenna gets adjusted..........only takes me a couple of minutes to adjust for you.

This is just a quick check to see if it is safe to use for now..........or you can just wait till Friday and I'll set everything up for you.........no problem.

LindsayMaeK

The wife won't let me cook... Only once in awhile. Not that I'm a bad cook cause I definitely cook up a mad storm. She's all about tradition. She takes care of the inside and I take care of everything outside.... Lindsay, do you forget to put the butter in the cookies...?
Haha no way!! You can't forget the butter!!! That's gotta be a sin of some sort...

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I have clearance from HQ to attend this, I'm planning on heading out Friday after work, weather permitting. Looking forward to seeing everyone and getting more Haspin mud on the tires!
Sparky, let me know if you need me to bring anything to contribute to the kitchen (other than dish pan hands).
Glad you can make it! See you there. I plan on arriving around noon Friday to help set up. I'm bringing a newbie along with his M35 who's curious what all this is "Haspin business" is about!