• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Florida convoy to Ga. Rally

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am going ahead and creating the Florida convoy thread for the 12SSGR. We always have a huge number of FL attendees, so I create the thread ahead of time.

Anyone from other states who thinks they have enough attendees to build a convoy, let me know and we'll discuss creating a thread for your state/region.

Can't wait for October!

:beer:

Attachments

Last edited:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am planning on leaving my LZ on Thursday morning, the 11th. Posting this early so "Murphy" can plan on being somewhere else that week. :driver:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As with the last couple of years, a Wed departure early AM would be best. Wildwood seems to work fine unless someone else can come up with a better starting point.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=28.873...h&vpsrc=6&z=17. Exit 329 on I75 in Wildwood. Just north of the Florida turnpike. It would be nice to get away a little bit earlier than previous years 8 to 9+am. Years past that has put us at Durhamtown early evening to almost dark. I would suggest topping your tanks here regardless of what you have left. We will be shooting for 200 mile legs before refueling and maybe more depending on the convoy's needs. Last year the FRS radios worked pretty well and I see no need not to use them again. When I can I will list the larger fuel stops along the way so that we can get a consensus of folks needs are. Please add your thoughts and suggestions so that we can make this fun for the most folks we can.

I was able to steal the #2 post in the SSGR12 thread so that as info comes in on this thread I can move it over there. Would be nice to have all the critical info in one spot. Post up if you are wanting to convoy and what you are planning to drive. Be advised, this will be a convoy of Military Vehicles so plan on slower speeds and unscheduled stops.

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

If I can get out of my Military duty that weekend (13th and 14th of OCT) I'll be convoying up.....not sure at this time what MV I'll be driving.

Kenny, if I do go, I should be able to help you on transporting your big items.:driver:

Post #1, Last picture.....Kenny and myself at Wildwood, FL.:-D

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll either be convoying up Wedensday or will already be up there. The wife has vacation plans for September that may roll into October. We may make the rally our last vacation stop like last year.

vinny-socom1

I believe Rick, Nick(my son) & Myself are heading up on Tuesday, Wife will follow Wednesday. We are wanting to get an early start on the trail riding & re-con.

Vinny

Whiterabbit

Hey, any chance ya'll headn' past Sav. ? I'm hoping to make the rally. I'm off I16 right above Sav Ga. How fast will you be running? When will you be heading out?
Thanks

phil2968

They will take I-75 from Wildwood Florida to Macon Georgia and then secondary roads to Union Point. You need to hook up with some of the south Ga members. Maybe they will chime in.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't look like there will be much of a convoy year. Lots of folks headed up early.

RAYZER

Hey, any chance ya'll headn' past Sav. ? I'm hoping to make the rally. I'm off I16 right above Sav Ga. How fast will you be running? When will you be heading out?
Thanks
Some of us that live east of Orlando are planning on leaving early on Tue the 8th and heading up i 95 north, it's a possibility that we'll head up as far as16 and then over to Union Point. There is another route we could take,it's not yet decided,but want to avoid too much stop and go traffic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks