• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

**2012 Florida Richloam MV Summer Rally**

vinny-socom1

Well Murphy stopped by my place today, Everything was going pretty good axle under the truck & lined up, brake lines flared & bent, perches ready for welding and then it happens......

MIG welder starts acting up with wire jambs, button sticking and when I finally got it going it runs out of wire. Only got one perch done. So I decided to work on the drive shaft.....OOPS wrong u-joint..a trip back to Advanced for the right u-joint so now the driveshaft is done . I started working on the TC tail shaft seal/bushing and pulled the rear housing off, cleaned it, knocked out the bushing & seal figured I'll run up to Advanced again. I got back and its the wrong bushing...

I'll start on the TC bushing in the am again! while I'm out I'll pick up MIG wire too.

Hoping to get everything done this week so I can put some miles on it before the Rally!

Vinny

caliber1

I got it pete thank you everything truck is running great just doin little fixes here and there. Jess did you get the brakes done ?
Well its been rain for the last few days pretty good out here and seeing that I'm on the trail head side of lake county I'm going to head out there tomorrow and do some recon. Jess is your truck done?
Hey all, I am currently in northern Wisconsin doing some work on my place up here. No, brakes aren't done yet. Gonn hopefully finish themup next weekend when I get back. Might need an extra pair of hands if you have time Lang?

Back to work, no rest for the wicked..............

Saw some awesome hardware when I came through Oshkosh on the way up. :drool: Six HEMTTs convoying south, and some huge transport trucks on test drives I'm guessing.

vinny-socom1

OK I've got a lot of names down for this event. How about a head count on who is camping, day & how many dinner tickets.

I might have to pick up the steaks before the event to make sure I can get enough!!

Vinny

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be there Saturday afternoon and a dinner that night. No camping. Already sent the money via PayPal. :)

On a different note I finally got in the last order of engine parts last night. This order was supposed to be shipped Wednesday for delivery on Friday but they held it up 2 days as they were missing one item and had to wait for it to come it. The sad part is the item they were holding the second order up for was put in the box that contained the first order I placed that came in Monday. So they held up my second order for a part they already shipped me via the wrong box. aua

Anyhow, with any luck I hope to have the engine running this weekend now that I have the new rocker arms. Determined to have my own MV for this get together. Going to have to trailer it to the park though.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vinny, I will be arriving Friday around noon, leaving Sunday AM. Let me know if I need to send some money ahead of time. ALso, one nice thick juicy steak, baked potato, green beans, corn on the cob, dinner rolls w/butter, and salad. :jumpin:

vinny-socom1

Vinny, I will be arriving Friday around noon, leaving Sunday AM. Let me know if I need to send some money ahead of time. ALso, one nice thick juicy steak, baked potato, green beans, corn on the cob, dinner rolls w/butter, and salad. :jumpin:
make sure you bring enough for everybody.....:shock:

Vinny

safarihp

I finally have my first MV built and will be headed up next weekend. This will be the second outting for the RSOV as she made it to the Florida Land Rover Club ralley at the same camp ground a month ago. Should have the 101 forward control here by then also.

Looking forward to the weekend.

safarihp

That's me getting stuck in warm up with my 4 year old cheering me on. I assume you guys run fence line and warm up as that is the only 2 spots that the FLRC could find mud. Seems like the transition into MVs from Rovers will be an easy jump. Still like my Defenders but this seems like fun also.

I'll have a true Englishman with me as he shipped my new Forward Control (think Uni Mog) but breaks down more and requires drip cans the size of 50 gallon drums) into Canada and drove her all the way down to Orlando.

Nice to meet you guys and we are looking forward to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks