• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Haspin info/dates/attendance

eagle4g63

Indy4x4fab: HAve you got any extra of the 55 gallon barrels?....I would be interested in one

212sparky: I have one of the 300gpm 12volt water pumps I am bringing with me just in case(from harbor freight) just in case the money is a little tight...I don't mind sharing.

Gimpy: Do you need anymore of the propane cylinders for that thing? I have 2 I think....nothing to use them in....willing to donate to the cause. I will also have an extra grill size propane tank I will be bringing with in case(not sure if I will even need it) if you have an adapter to plug that thing into it.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Indy4x4fab: HAve you got any extra of the 55 gallon barrels?....I would be interested in one

212sparky: I have one of the 300gpm 12volt water pumps I am bringing with me just in case(from harbor freight) just in case the money is a little tight...I don't mind sharing.

Gimpy: Do you need anymore of the propane cylinders for that thing? I have 2 I think....nothing to use them in....willing to donate to the cause. I will also have an extra grill size propane tank I will be bringing with in case(not sure if I will even need it) if you have an adapter to plug that thing into it.
How many do you want? I have five right now.

eagle4g63

Cool. you say your coming on Friday? I'll be there Tuesday with TM America.

Missed all the fun last year, but told everyone I am NOT missing this year. My wife backed out....so I told here, if I wasn't takin' her than I was takin' the quad and going early!!

indy4x4fab

Banned
Cool. you say your coming on Friday? I'll be there Tuesday with TM America.

Missed all the fun last year, but told everyone I am NOT missing this year. My wife backed out....so I told here, if I wasn't takin' her than I was takin' the quad and going early!!
lol now that's funny.

augiedoggy

To all Haspin attendees: I mentioned this before but here it is again;
Would it be useful, helpful or fun if most of or all of us had FRS or GMRS cheapy radios with us to stay in touch and possibly alert the camp when Gimp flips over??? Maybe its silly, but often the trailrides get split up and I think it'd be nice to know where the action is! Anyone have any input?
Might be hard to hear the radio as I'm driving but certainly while idling I could hear it.
Picture those night rides and we stop and don't know whats going on ahead.....then over the radio comes......
"Gimps found the bottom of a big mudhole!"

If you think its a good idea and will bring one, put a thanks on this post and we'll see what happens......... 2cents

eagle4g63

augiedoggy: what is a FRS or GMRS radio? I have a couple of Motorola talkabouts, 3 of them and was planning on bringing them if that is what you are talking about.

augiedoggy

augiedoggy: what is a FRS or GMRS radio? I have a couple of Motorola talkabouts, 3 of them and was planning on bringing them if that is what you are talking about.
Yep, thats the ones Eagle. FRS stands for family radio service, apparently,
and GMRS is general mobile radio service (thanks google).
the gmrs having more security options and power.
I see these radios all the time with claims of up to 30 mile range....bla-bla.....

Last edited:

eagle4g63

All three of mine are Motorola. 2 of them are a pair that use a recharge base and the 3rd one is a Camo hunting one that takes batteries and they work together, if that helps you at all.

Haven't tried the 30 mile stuff yet, but they do have multiple channels.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The different radios work together, one is a shorter range band, the longer range band radios have more channels.

I've used them in years past, just seems like nobody can hear over the trucks, and nobody keeps it on nearby.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'd look for a set that has the capabilty to run regular batterys(AA) in addition to whatever rechargable battery it comes with as you will never have it charged when needed.