• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 iowa all breeds jeep show & 4x4 swapmeet

skunkriver

The 2012 Iowa All Breeds Jeep Show & 4X4 Swapmeet will be held sept 22-23 2012 in Nevada Iowa 50201 at the Story County Fairgrounds .
The event is for military and civilian vehicles new or old , we are really trying to build a larger attendence of military and to set up a military encampment area .

for more info www.iowajeepshow.com

or call 515-708-0080

skinnedknuckles

I think I'll have to plan on this for next year and bring a Jeep or two. Looks like fun[thumbzup] This weekend is already booked with WW2 days reenactments down in Rockford, Ill.

Paul in Janesville, Wis

Skunk

I'll chime in to clarify things. I have the flat black and orange M818. I'm actually a board member of a rally that is running around central Iowa the same day as the show - Midcoast Road Rally. I'll be there part of the afternoon but I'm on the fence on whether to take the 5 ton. I tried to renew my registration and found out that the DOT is cracking down on military vehicles. I have to call the DOT inspector and he will come out and check the basics like lights, brakes, horn, mufflers etc. I need to fix 4 or 5 things and I wouldn't have them done in time. The show is only 10 miles so I might chance it and take it anyway.

Gastrap

I'll chime in to clarify things. I have the flat black and orange M818. I'm actually a board member of a rally that is running around central Iowa the same day as the show - Midcoast Road Rally. I'll be there part of the afternoon but I'm on the fence on whether to take the 5 ton. I tried to renew my registration and found out that the DOT is cracking down on military vehicles. I have to call the DOT inspector and he will come out and check the basics like lights, brakes, horn, mufflers etc. I need to fix 4 or 5 things and I wouldn't have them done in time. The show is only 10 miles so I might chance it and take it anyway.
No inspection required, just ask for a DOT form 411187.

Danger Ranger

Ok, I met you last year. A bunch of my buddies and I stopped by after spotting the truck. They knew I was into the mil vehicles. Thats a nice place you got. Hope to see you again.

You should put up some info on this Midcoast Road Rally too....

Bobert

I missed this thread, I was there with a cucv on saturday.

You should check out the Mud Coast rally they do in the spring. Hope they do it again.

Danger Ranger

****! That was you in the M1009??? I was gonna talk to you, but you disappeared! I had the green cherokee. A little more stock than most there. Yes, the Nat'l guard guys had fun I think. This is why you don't always want gov't vehicles....hahaha.

Danger Ranger

Here are some more. We definately need many more MVs next year. I talked to the older gentlemen who were a reenactment group. But they were just a display and were not active in the events. They had 2-3 WWII era Jeeps (GP, GPW, etc.) One was a Ford, other than that, all I know is they were all restored to some level or another.

Attachments

Bobert

I probably saw you in the sea of jeeps. I was going to do the obstacles earlier but my cucv wouldnt start. It was just the starter relay again.

I know all about the XJs and MJs, a lot of my friends have them. I hang around a couple jeeps clubs (JOCCI) and (Square headlight jeep club) too.

Might be going to the Wheelin for Warriors event next weekend. Should be fun. Wheelers for Warriors

Check out this thread too. Someone is looking for you.
ISU!!