• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Northeast MV shows

Vintage iron

I am looking forward to the shows this year. I will definitely be at the COMVEC show. It is only fair since that is where I caught the MV bug. We may want to post a warning at the gate this year " Warning, prolonged exposure will cause you to break out, in collecting Military vehicles" or " Enter at your own risk, MV colony"

BillF

It is going to be in april this year and not in MA because of taxes. It is going to be at the national guard armory in Milford NH. See MVMVC.org for more details.

Carl_in_NH

Hope to see a lot of the local MV folks at the MVMVC flea market on April 15 in Milford NH. As Bill states, this is our first year having the flea market in Milford, NH. MA DoR started insisting that the vehicle club police the vendors and make certain that everyone selling anything at the event register for submittal of MA sales tax with the State - and by extension the club would effectivly be responsible for any vendor that didn't comply.

We're a vehicle club, not a money making enterprise - but the state of MA doesn't care about that 'detail', they just want someone to make certain those nickles and dimes keep rolling in, so they try to saddle the club with the job of being their revenue agent.

MA DoR wants every dime they can squeeze from people; what they don't understand is the tighter they squeeze, the less they will get in the end. We've left the state forever with our flea market, and along with that any economic activity our vendors and customers would bring to the area during the flea. MA is as short-sighted as they come.

Please join us in Milford on the 15th of April if you can.

Srjeeper

Here's a 'partial list' of other shows in the North East..:jumpin:

2012 EVENTS

MTA Show & Swapmeet~April 28th. & 29th. http://mtaswapmeet.us/

Jakes Military Fleemarket~May 5th. If it rains it's canceled....www.jakesfleamarket.com/events.php

East Coast Military Rally~May 10th. to 12th. http://www.militaryvehicleshow.com/

Army Heritage Days at the Museum~May19th. & 20th. http://www.carlisle.army.mil/ahec/

WWII Weekend~June 1st.2nd.3rd. http://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html

Tobyhanna Army Depot 100th Anniversary Openhouse~June 23rd., 2012

RedBall Show & Swapmeet~Sept. 21st. & 22nd. www.redballonline.org

[thumbzup] :driver:

Vintage iron

sorry to hear about the DOR. I hear Ebay is doing the same thing now. Most of the time I am not making any money on the parts. once you move them around, transport them and get haggled down the money goes into the fuel tank, not in my pocket. See you guys there!

vtdeucedriver

sorry to hear about the DOR. I hear Ebay is doing the same thing now. Most of the time I am not making any money on the parts. once you move them around, transport them and get haggled down the money goes into the fuel tank, not in my pocket. See you guys there!
Where is there matt???

emr

Is there a specific thread for the MTA "Sussex" show? I saw some of the old ones but couldn't find a 2012 version.

It's my first time going so I was hoping gather some info.
The MTA show thread that is an old one has been updated with info, it has been bumped to the list a few times in past weeks, so please check it out >>>:):):)

BillF

The Wright Museum was going to bring the newly finished Sherman to Weare this year. Unfortunately the engine in it decided it did not want to go this year. They have said that they will supply some WW2 armor to Weare just it wont be the Sherman, probably the Stuart and a half track. To see more about the Museum go to Wright Museum

WarrenD

Saw their Sherman in MA last summer, was good to see three of them together. Sorry to hear the engine died.

Vintage iron

I will try to make most of the MV events this year Vtdeucedriver. I just put my camo cargo cover on the M813. She is ready!

crazywelder72 the museum of transportation has lots of great events for all types of vehicles. European motorcycle day is a must! It would be too small for a MV show.

762luver

Just got a great antenna for comms with the '524 in the blazer. I can't wait to get it on the air at my home show, the GMMVC show in July.

Hope to meet some of you folks there!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks