• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 roadtrip with my JEEP to war 'n' peace

Tobi

hi everybody,
i was 18 when me and my friends got the idea to do a roadtrip from germany to england in our sommerholidays in 2012.
a month after i got my driving licence my there friends and me started to prepare everything for our first big:wink: (4 week) roadtrip.
we prepared the jeep (a wwII from 1943) and started to buy camping stuff so 2 weeks before the holidays started we were really busy but we finally organised everything on time.
we started early in the morning the jeep fully packed:grin: with our journey to "hock van holland" form where we took the ferry to "harwich" and arrived there in the evening on a sunday night on the 15th of july (at i think it was 7pm).
so we started to look for a camping ground and after 1,5 hours searching... we finaly found a camping ground to stay for our first night in england.
the next morning we started early in the morning to continue our way to the war and peace show but we took it slow and spend some other three nights some where on the way to the show on some camping grounds.
we arrived on a wednesday late aternoon at the show totally exausted but the main thing was we made it, even with some problems on the way...like not every camping ground wanted to take us because we were 4 yough me 18 and my friends 17,16 and 16 so we had some problems to find a place to stay and we had no satnav just a map :razz:.
so we checked in at the show but the next problem arised ...the was no space for us ... so we drove some rounds over the field till some nice guys let us stay on a small piece of their space.
so we set up our base camp and the fun has just started...:grin:
the next day we got to know "Dmetalmiki" who is a good friend of mine since that day ...and some other nice people with who we spend the next days.
we had a lot of fun on the campside and with all the new people we got to know...:grin:so the show ended before it really began for us ... but on the 22nd of july we continued our trip to newkey ..yes all with the old jeep :wink: we also visited the western point of GB on our trip.
so all in all we drove about 4000km with the jeep in four weeks we had a lot of fun and gained some live expieriences...
it was an AWESOME trip...
and something we do every year since then... visiting the war and peace and meet all the people we got to know :razz:

dmetalmiki

Hi tobi and co

HA! there ya' GO tobi..I told you "it's easy!? to post on steel soldiers..here's and how to do pictures" (s******) Wonder who the "<kind>" guys were....??...So ok now go through the proccess and post them pictures up..were ALL a waitin' D.M.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks