• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Sierra rear bench seat in 1028?

cliffyp

It's hot as **** down here in South Texas and the vinyl seats are just about unbearable even with a seat cover. I came across the rear bench seat from a 2012 Sierra Crew Cab local on craigslist. In great shape, cloth seat with center fold down arm rest / cup holder, great price. Would this seat fit in my 1028? I don't mind doing the fab work to the seat frame that will probably be required. Does anyone know if the width and size will work? I'd rather not waste my time driving out to look at it if its just not feasible. I've not seen one in person and I'm just hoping someone is familiar with their size relative to our 80's trucks.

K9Vic

I have thought about these seats as well and wondered the same as you. I do not know if it would work, but if the seat mounts are close enough it should. The sliding track is on the rail mounts, not the seat. So if it can be fabricated to work with some additional plates being welded on it should be fine. The only issue would be length to be long enough to sit in without hanging over. I would maybe track down a junk yard or used car dealer and measure one and look it over to see if it may work. That should give you a good idea without having to drive all the way to where the seat is.

cliffyp

Neither is my seat. Good to know though, I'll sit in it before buying it to make sure I can live with it.

Good call on checking a dealership, that hadn't occurred to me.

cliffyp

The other thing is there are no sliding tracks on a rear bench seat.
My intention would be to fab up the sliders from the current seat to fit to the new seat. As of yet I've had no time to look at the seat to get a sense of whether its worth bothering with or not. I'm in the tourist industry so unlike most of you, July 4th is not a vacation, but my busiest time of year.