• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 SoCal Fall Desert Rally

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will you're breaking my heart man. You can always go exploring any other weekend the Fall rally is once a year.:jumpin:
Time is at a premium, gotta do what I gotta do. Need to break in the Jeep, it's gonna have a long useful winter, I hope.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like we are going to be having some nice weather for the weekend. Maybe some showers on Thursday, but that will help settle the dust for us.

Thu Oct 11

70°
48°
Scattered T-Storms

Chance of rain:40% Wind: WSW at 12 mph Details

Fri Oct 12

72°
47°
Mostly Sunny

Chance of rain:10% Wind: WSW at 14 mph Details

Sat Oct 13

79°
52°
Sunny

Chance of rain:0% Wind: NW at 6 mph Details

Sun Oct 14

85°
54°
Sunny

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
we will have the tools to keep the sun dials in the blue...I will have some that are blue all the time, with or without the tools. Just looked at Amboy weather, 60's daytime, 30's at night. Guess I need to find a way to fit all the wood I put in the deuce into a Cherokee!

hole

Well gents, I too will not be making it out. As stated by WWI, there's a Jeep trip the weekend after this one. Too much to do still. Have fun guy's, be safe.

Cycletek

I am coming out Friday morning, I live down the road from Dave Wang's facility here in Canyon Country. I will be coming out Sierra Highway to 14 east to the 58 by Mojave. From there to Hinckley Road north to the BLM cutoff.

[thumbzup]

Cycletek

Define "morning".

My plan is to depart around 10am and hop on the 14 at Via Princessa or Sand Canyon. I can follow you up there if that is close to your departure time.

We can meet down at my shop because that is where I keep my truck. I was planning on cruising down Sierra for two reasons, one to avoid all the maniacs as long as possible and to avoid having to pull that hill with my 22,000 lb truck when there is an alternative......

:grin:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the truck mostly loaded. Installed my cheap auto style seat cover heating pad for my messed up back. Thank gawd for those new springer seats. Plenty of tilt and even lumbar support. Only thing left to do is give the windows a good cleaning and check all the fluids again.

I think I'm starting to get carried away with the spare parts - in addition to a large rubbermaid container of neatly sorted grade 8 bolts, I have an enlarged and laminated wiring diagram, a full set of filters, a brand new starter and engine mounted solenoid, and two complete dog bones. And a ton of oils, grease, lubes, cleaners, paints, tools, etc, etc. I also have all the TMs on my iPad.

Only things left to load are some items related to the 2nd amendment.

See you guys Saturday morning!

:cool:

Lextreme

Got the truck mostly loaded. Installed my cheap auto style seat cover heating pad for my messed up back. Thank gawd for those new springer seats. Plenty of tilt and even lumbar support. Only thing left to do is give the windows a good cleaning and check all the fluids again.

I think I'm starting to get carried away with the spare parts - in addition to a large rubbermaid container of neatly sorted grade 8 bolts, I have an enlarged and laminated wiring diagram, a full set of filters, a brand new starter and engine mounted solenoid, and two complete dog bones. And a ton of oils, grease, lubes, cleaners, paints, tools, etc, etc. I also have all the TMs on my iPad.

Only things left to load are some items related to the 2nd amendment.

See you guys Saturday morning!

:cool:
I will bring some $$...

Good news. Thanks to Mark from $100Dollarman who gave me a killer deal on the radiator and went beyond the extra mile to help me. Much appreciated. He is my hero......

I sent my secretary to pick up the radiator (2 hours there and 2 hours back) and got it installed last night. Fluid filled and havent had a chance to start it last night. Everything looks good and dont see any issue. Just need to add some more water once the thermostat open up.

Last edited:

Cycletek

Fantastic News Lex! I will have to cruise out to out to 100dollarman's soon to get a spare tire for my truck soon. Got to support those who support us, for sure!

[thumbzup]:grd:

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does any need 14.00x20 tires? I'll be posting them in the classifieds soon, but I figure give you guys a shot at them first. 3 Goodyear AT-2A, 2 Michelin XL and 2 Michelin XZL all are in good shape 80 percent or better. I can take them with me if anyone is interested.

Cycletek

What time do you expect to get to Hinckley/58?
I am sorry Fiend, I just read back and saw this, I am tentatively leaving around 10am I am meeting one of my neighbors at my shop. I think we will hit Hinckley and the 58 around noonish, I will have my CB on channel 25 so when I hit the area I will start broadcasting every 5 minutes or so.

rofl

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does any need 14.00x20 tires? I'll be posting them in the classifieds soon, but I figure give you guys a shot at them first. 3 Goodyear AT-2A, 2 Michelin XL and 2 Michelin XZL all are in good shape 80 percent or better. I can take them with me if anyone is interested.
I need 11.00 x 20s if someone has them.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will bring some $$...
None of my spares are for sale. I was just commenting on the fact I seem to be carrying more and more parts each trip.

I will have a standard box seat and a standard springer for sale.

And the world's heaviest tent. All can be seen in the classifieds.

M1009 Fiend

I am sorry Fiend, I just read back and saw this, I am tentatively leaving around 10am I am meeting one of my neighbors at my shop. I think we will hit Hinckley and the 58 around noonish, I will have my CB on channel 25 so when I hit the area I will start broadcasting every 5 minutes or so.

rofl
Sounds good its looking like my group plus Duffman, will be at the same spot right around noon depending on how long it takes to get up the pass. I dont have a cb so we will probably catch up once you hit the dirt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks