• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Cincinnati Area Memorial Day Parade

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
South suburb of Cincinnati (Florence, KY)- Monday May 27, 10 am

I am trying to help a local parade organizer gather military vehicles for the upcoming Memorial Day Parade.

If you would like to attend, feel free to respond here or send me a pm. I would like to get an estimate to the parade organizer so she can plan for our group.

In years past, the parade has started at Boone County High School and ended at the Government Center on Ewing Blvd. I would assume this will be the same. I will update as I get confirmation of registration.

Also, there is normally a memorial ceremony at the conclusion of the parade. We are encouraged to display our vehicles at the end of the parade route during the ceremony.

Here is a link to last year's event-

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?87242-2012-Cincinnati-Area-Memorial-Day-Parade

Thanks

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm out Jeff, already have vacation booked.....dang!
No worries, we'll catch ya on the next one.

Reports indicate you were seen at a car show on the west side of town?
Ha ! - yep, it’s true.
It was a last minute decision to go. The event was put on by the local VFW on Harrison Ave in the Bridgetown/Dent area. I had just finished some homestead chores, and the family was out doing something else . . . - so on an impulse, I fired up the M35A2 and headed out.
It was not long after I arrived when a guy strolls up and strikes up a conversation. It goes something like this:

Guy: “Are you on Steel Soldiers ?”
Me: “Yep, . . . do you have a truck”?
Guy: “No my friend does”.
Me: “What’s his name ?”
Guy: “Dan __________“ ( I can’t remember exactly, but he said some common surname like Smith or Johnson or Miller etc. )

Me: “Ha, I don’t know anyone’s real name, what is his nickname”?
Just then, his phone rings, he glances at it and he says: “Hey, it’s Dan calling right now” and laughs.

He asks the caller what nickname he uses on Steel Soldiers, and then replies to me: “Dan is augiedoggy !”

Small world indeed.

Last edited:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just saw a parade thread for Middletown, OH posted by B3.3T

If any of you guys from the north side would rather go to something closer, feel free to join the Middletown parade with B3.3T instead of coming down to Florence. You are hereby released -Your choice.

Too bad they are both at 10am, or we could try to do both!

Click here for the Middletown thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...Memorial-Day-Parade-May-27-9-00am-Seeking-MVs

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got our confirmation letter over the weekend. See attachments for details. The lineup and parade route are the same as in previous years. Please let me know if you have any questions.

As a reminder, you are welcome to stay for the ceremony after the parade. Vehicles will be displayed adjacent to the ceremony. Feel free to bring other military collectibles for display.

2013 Florence parade letter.jpgflorence lineup map.jpgFlorence Memorial Day Parade route.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks